Stuck in TWRP After Bad Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck in TWRP After Bad Restore

Hi all - I have a Minix X8H-PLUS and had installed the Finless 1.1 ROM onto it. I had some problems with it, so I backed up my ROM using TWRP, wiped it, and then tried to restore my box back to stock (minix_x8hplus_stock_rom_003, probably my first mistake) but the install didn't work. I then went to restore the Finless using the backup but it didn't successfully restore. Now, no matter what I do, I boot into TWRP, even if I have stock recovery on either a USB drive or and sdcard.

Another note - my TWRP, after clicking 'install' only show internal memory. external SD shows as 0MB and is not clickable. I've even tried mounting the SD in TWRP but it shows the same thing. I'm just trying to put Finless or stock back on it at this point, but without the USB or SD being recognized this seems fruitless.

I am very familiar rooting and flashing ROMs with Android, but Minix has suddenly caused issues that I'm worried are beyond my control (hence why I'm asking here). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Looks like you need to go back to basics and use the USB burning tool and flash back to stock. Let us know the outcome.

Before proceeding to upgrade to 002 firmware... PLEASE READ THIS!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Rawhide85 - Yep, that did the job. I hadn't used the USB burning tool (found an English version of it, as the one in the zip couldn't show me the proper characters) but I found a topic that discussed it and it was pretty easy to do, easier than using Odin for Android flashes.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Thinking that I'd soft bricked the thing after not having it very long made me feel like an idiot. Well, I am an idiot no longer!

Comment

Great+1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X