What happened to this place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to this place?

Did work on Nextbook tablets just come to a screeching halt? It seems to me like this place has been dead for the last month or so.
    Nextbook NX008HD8G - Rooted

This Place is not dead at all.
    We only, have not Time to make Firmwares for all that DeviceĀ“s here.
    Tell me what you need.

Regards
    Neomode

Comment

Did you have a question? Nextbook NX008HD8G is two years old and you have choice of four Jellybean roms, stock, shaunmt's modified rom, cm-10.1, or AOKP 4.3. cm-11.0 has artifacts when rotating the tablet that can't be fixed since Nextbook never released the kernel source code. I can take a look at cm-10.1 or AOKP 4.3 if you are still interested in using those roms, went back to stock myself.
      ​Archos Gen9 A80S cm-11.0
      Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

Originally posted by silver9990 View Post
        Did work on Nextbook tablets just come to a screeching halt? It seems to me like this place has been dead for the last month or so.

Freaktab in last 12 months has grown dramatically, in terms of number of devices it hosts and user base, I'm sure the admins,mods,dev's are doing a great job,

Unfortunately its growing market with android devices which make it hard to keep all sub forums proactive all the time especially if there is not a dedicated developer for it that particular product.

Neo/Fin and crew doing great job and far from being a dead forum so to speak.

I know it's frustrating when there is no new development for your asset that you have purchased , but also keep in mind it takes countless hours to develop.

Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by stevemp View Post
          Did you have a question? Nextbook NX008HD8G is two years old and you have choice of four Jellybean roms, stock, shaunmt's modified rom, cm-10.1, or AOKP 4.3. cm-11.0 has artifacts when rotating the tablet that can't be fixed since Nextbook never released the kernel source code. I can take a look at cm-10.1 or AOKP 4.3 if you are still interested in using those roms, went back to stock myself.
          Thanks Stevemp, good to see you here and thanks for the help.

JD

Comment

Thanks JustMe,

We do what we can support a Lot of Devices.
            But we can not Support all Devices, that are too much Work.

Neomode

Comment

Sorry, I hadn't meant to imply that the whole site had died, just the Nextbook section. I've been using & enjoying cm11 for the NX008HD8G for about a month now but it's just not working out (can't expect perfection, I know). My device isn't charging properly, free space seems to have vanished when I haven't done much yet & some other small issues. I was just hoping mostly that someone still had this & had been working on the older cm builds such as cm10.2.

Either way, everyone here has been extremely helpful & I appreciate all of the hard work you all put into everything so thank you.

Comment

I'm working on cm 10.2 but need to buy a new micro sdcard since none of mine still work. The other ports were based on PMP5580c, new build will be based on NXM8000ND_WM since that's the tablet I own.
                Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

Good to hear. I'll be happy to help test it out for you, after my tablet decided to wipe itself on me I decided to turn it over to testing cm builds. I pretty much gave it up for dead but if it's still going & I can find a decent build to use I'd still like to use it as a daily device.

To be honest I'd like to see if it's possible to get some version of Windows running on the Next8HD8G, if it's not an option at all then that's fine but if it is I'd be happy to test it out. I honestly have more than enough time usually to test things like this it's just that I'm limited on devices (Next8HD8G | ZTE Merit | LG Viper | LG Volt).
                  Last edited by silver9990; 10-07-2015, 09:06.

Comment

Windows works on Intel x86 cpus, arm versions won't run the x86 applications. I can't get wifi to work with the Nextbook kernel so back to using the PMP5580c kernel. More work needed for Netflix also, hangs at 30%.
                    Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

I can't even get Netflix working, even with the patch. For me all it does is jump a few seconds then hangs.

Comment

Files needed for DRM (needed for Netflix) are not installed on roms, had to copy them from other roms. I will make a rom with PMP5580c kernel and if it works will upload it soon.
                        Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                          This Place is not dead at all.
                          We only, have not Time to make Firmwares for all that DeviceĀ“s here.
                          Tell me what you need.

Regards
                          Neomode
                          Is Bob still on board?

Comment

Wrong topic here, but yes, he is still around here.

JD

Comment

We need lollipop have enough memory and more enough CPU I know jeelly bean kernal will work with lollipop and a kk kernal will work to any ways u all have fun

Comment

Working...
                              X