Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Box should I get?

Hello,

I am looking for a well supported AMLogic SoC based Box.
    It shouldn't be too expensive.

My prefered OS would be OpenELEC because I only need XBMC/SPMC/KODI to play 25fps SD/HD Streams.
    If OE doesn't runwell on none of the prefered boxes, I would also go with Android if there are any stable and good working ROMs.

I found at least 6 more or less different boxes which I could afford:

S802 based:

1. M8 2G/8G with Bluetooth (~50€)

Click image for larger version

Name:	TVBox_M8_1_zps3d33eff8.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	528299

2. MXIII 1G/8G (~40€)
    3. MXIII 2G/8G with Bluetooth (~50€)

Name:	MXIII-0.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	528297

S805 based:

4. MXQ (red MX) 1G/8G with BT (~39€)
    5. MXQ (red MX) 1G/8G (~36€)

Name:	20140925143558gy6xf4a.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	528301

S812 based:

6. MXIII-G 1G/8G (~45€)

Name:	S812-Quad-Core-MXIII-G-smart-tv.png
Views:	75
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	528302

Which one should I get?
    I do not need BT and 1GB RAM should be enough, but which of these boxes is the best choice?

ty
    Attached Files

If you are new to the Android TV Box world, please see my guide. The first four posts there are relevant.
    Sorry, I don't have experience on the boxes you are considering, so I cannot offer advice on them. I have seen OpenELEC ports to the MK808B+, MXQ, MXIII and others. If you look in the TV box sub-section for Amlogic, you will find thread's on some OpenELEC ports.
    Good hunting.

Comment

Thank u for your advise @RISCy Dude.

canna

EDIT: post deleted...

Last edited by canna; 10-06-2015, 22:53.

Comment

I changed my mind...

I see, that kszaq is actively developing an openelec port for some S805 based boxes/sticks and it looks really promising.
        And because OE would be my first choice over android, I would give the mxq (red mx) a chance.

But there are two slightly different red MXQs sold on gearbest. One with and one without BT.
        The WiFi/BT version has a AP6210 chip which seems to be a combi chip of broadcom's BCM43362 and BCM20710.

The non-BT version has probably a AP6181, but I coudn't find any review that would confirm that the non-BT has a AP6181. Neither I could find any information if this chip is well supported or performs better or worse than the AP6210 or if the PCB is also manufactured by netxeon.

Does anybody has a red MX(Q) without BT and could take a hires picture of the PCB or provide some Info about the used WiFi chip and the PCB manufacturer and it's revision?

ty
        Last edited by canna; 10-06-2015, 22:46.

Comment

Working...
        X