Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Question] Unknown/UnfamiliarMK808B+ v5(?) version

Well just got this device,
    Switched it on a few times, Bluetooth was ok, and wifi reception was pretty good even across 2 rooms from the AP.
    Tried to boot from SD (for OpeneElec) but all the blue led suddenly went dead, Thought I had killed/fried the device so I opened it up (And in the process accidentally disconnect the wifi ant)

After I Thought I killed it I flashed it with other version. And since then I cannot get the WIFI to turn on, I'm not sure if it's the ROM or the broken antenna.

Additional information:
    A u see in the pics, the antenna connector has - and +; the + Shorts the the Ground of the board but the - isn't (hence, I assume + goes to the shielding and - goes to the signal)

This device looks unlike nothing i've seen anywhere on the internet so this is why Im posting this issue (and pics)

Questions are:
    0. Is it v5, v1.0 (as it says - manufactured April 2015 ver 1.0) or some other?
    1. Which firmware suppose to go with this device?
    As i recall the original android that came with it was 4.4.2 - I tried a few stock ones, again wifi doesn't turn on
    2. Is the antenna both for bluetooth and wifi or just one of them?
    It looks like I also have BT issues; if the antenna is onboard, bt should work, unless the firmware i'm trying does not support this realtek chip...
    3. Do disconnected / wrongly connected antenna influance the ability to turn on wifi?
    Again it seems that wifi just stays off after I try to switch it on, maybe it has internal check that it sees his own packets??? so if no antenna the device couldn't see it

Images (Too big to upload here):

P.S. I've ordered usb-eth, Hope at least I could connect it using rj45

Which firmware have you flashed?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried k109 and k110 I think;
      I Think I've got it; the v5 uses a Realtek chip, BUT not this one.

All questions still apply though.

Comment

Okay, i see.
        I guess you mixed up the MK808B with the MK808B Plus. These two look almost exactly the same, but have a totally different chipset. The MK808B is the outdated version that comes with the Rockchip RK3066 dualcore chip while the MK808B Plus is the upgraded version that comes with the Amlogic M805 quadcore chip. There is a MK808B v5 that comes with realtek WIFI, but there is no MK808B Plus v5. If 109 and 110 firmwares are booting, it means that you have a MK808B Plus. You posted in the subforum for the MK808B, for further questions, post in the subforum for the MK808B Plus: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...2-s805-devices.
        My guess is that you have the EC-MK808B (a clone of the MK808B Plus), because this one is the only MK808B Plus that comes with realtek WIFI. But openelec should support this version, i don't know why it did not work for you. Another firmware you can try is this custom rom:
        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...d-clone-rt8723
        Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks!!
          (And for other users, yes the 109 and 110 boots)

Comment

ALELUIA
            Somebody have the same mk808b plus like me.
            My friend i can flash firmwares k109; k110; k111; k112, the problem and the only ''i detect'' is NO WI-FI in all of them.
            I use firmware ''.img'' in must off all the install's....to install via PC with ''USB Burning Tool''
            Can you Upload the backup of the original firmware, i lost my original firmware....and put here the link to download?
            abraço desde Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
              Okay, i see.
              I guess you mixed up the MK808B with the MK808B Plus. These two look almost exactly the same, but have a totally different chipset. The MK808B is the outdated version that comes with the Rockchip RK3066 dualcore chip while the MK808B Plus is the upgraded version that comes with the Amlogic M805 quadcore chip. There is a MK808B v5 that comes with realtek WIFI, but there is no MK808B Plus v5. If 109 and 110 firmwares are booting, it means that you have a MK808B Plus. You posted in the subforum for the MK808B, for further questions, post in the subforum for the MK808B Plus: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...2-s805-devices.
              My guess is that you have the EC-MK808B (a clone of the MK808B Plus), because this one is the only MK808B Plus that comes with realtek WIFI. But openelec should support this version, i don't know why it did not work for you. Another firmware you can try is this custom rom:
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...d-clone-rt8723
              Good Luck!

Helo my friend...
              Thank you for the link, ROM superceleron ''EC-MK808B Plus(clone) Work very nice
              My MK 808b plus it's exactly the same of the friend ''SEK231''
              Last edited by batistabomb; 10-08-2015, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by batistabomb View Post
                ALELUIA
                Somebody have the same mk808b plus like me.
                My friend i can flash firmwares k109; k110; k111; k112, the problem and the only ''i detect'' is NO WI-FI in all of them.
                I use firmware ''.img'' in must off all the install's....to install via PC with ''USB Burning Tool''
                Can you Upload the backup of the original firmware, i lost my original firmware....and put here the link to download?
                abraço desde Portugal
                I have the same weird device. It has a SKhynix nand flash and realtek wifi chip. The stock rom was not rooted and I tried to flash the latest official 111k4 rom with the burning tool. I usually got an error when the proccess reached 95%. After some efforts the rom flashed succesfully, the device booted, but wifi didn't work. The device started bootloops, then I tried to flash another rom and eventually it was bricked. I managed to unbrick it by using Finless method and now the pc recognizes the stick, but I cannot flash any rom, I always get an error.
                Which version of the usb burning tool did you use? Also, when you say that you flashed k109, k110 etc, do you mean the official 109k4, 110k4 etc roms?

Comment

Working...
                X