Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with my New MXQ OTT S805

Hello

I recently bought a cheap android box for about £30 UK pounds and I'm on the verge of returning it.

First off, although it's got the play store many of the apps are not "compatable" and don't even show up (unless you side load them).

Secondly all I really wanted it for is to play videos off the SD card, watch BBC Iplayer and youtube.

Youtube works
    BBC Iplayer force quits when you start a stream
    MX Player loads up the first time and any other time just hangs and you cannot select folders (I can get it to re-load if I empty the data/cache in apps)
    Plus the wifi is pretty poor (I get about 1-2mb down when the laptop in the same room gets over 15)

Does anyone else have this problem or able to suggest a semi decent firmware?

Thanks

For all your video playback problems: try Kodi media center. It also has an BBC Iplayer add-on.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
      For all your video playback problems: try Kodi media center. It also has an BBC Iplayer add-on.
      Hi Phinc

I can confirm that KODI does work - I just didnt want to use, that.. just the simple MX Player as my daughter knows the app quite well.

I'm just concerned it's not a very good item but thats for the info.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X