State of Development - Custom ROM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of Development - Custom ROM's

It seems it's been a long time since we've seen anything new being developed here for the AML or RK3188 platforms on Android. Have the vendor ROM's gotten so good that there is little need for custom ROM's anymore? I personally use both Minx x7 and X8H-plus regularly, they are good but not perfect by any means. Streamlined ROM's are always nice to try.

Any thoughts?

No, but I think we have good RomĀ“s here even for the Minix X7 and others.
    Just take a look for it.

Neomode

Comment

Hmm.. I would say..yes
      When I bought my first C's918..it was pretty bad (video stutter/browser crashes)
      One of my friends bought the x7 around the sametime.. it hat the same issues

Freaktab saved the day..a few months later..(for both devices)..but my friend got tired of waiting, and sold his x7 to me
      These days..minix firmwares have gotten alot beter

My two cents

P's..
      These days..there are more then 40+ version/revisions of the Cs918/tr42..
      -Freaktab cannot support every version/revision/device/arm-CPU out there..

Comment

ynot123- You are correct. I have been trying, without any luck, to contact Finless to see if he's willing to update Finless 1.1 to the latest Minix firmware. I think there is interest both here and on Minix forums. I for one will indeed support him with a donation for his hard work. We can only hope.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would also throw a few bucks to anyone that wants to bring the x8h+ forward into 5.x or M. Minix has stated that they won't be updating the device beyond android 4.x and if you want HEVC support in XBMC you'll have to use their version (which isn't acceptable at all). So, I'm hoping a custom ROM comes out so that XBMC can use HEVC (not supported below android 5 w/ XBMC). It's kind of a piss off since I went with the S812 soc in the 8h+ specifically for HEVC :\

Comment

Working...
          X