Chip trip mxv hard bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chip trip mxv hard bricked

I'm hoping someone can help with this, I had a rom flash go wrong on my mxv and it is now hard bricked, there is no power led when I plug in the power supply the only indication that power is applied is the digital audio light. I'm thinking the power supply is the culprit because I should get a power indication from the led when power is applied or is it possible that a bad rom can kill all power to the board. Any assistance with this would be very much appreciated

I don't own this box. So I doubt I can be very helpful.
    But can your PC see it?
    Do you have a card in the SD slot?

Comment

Managed to get it unbricked, fortunately I work with some pretty knowledgeable guys where electronics are concerned and they managed to manually repair the issue and to answer your question the PC couldn't see the box and the box couldn't power up to read the sd card like I said fortunate to work with hardware geeks.

Comment

Originally posted by gagraham View Post
        Managed to get it unbricked, fortunately I work with some pretty knowledgeable guys where electronics are concerned and they managed to manually repair the issue and to answer your question the PC couldn't see the box and the box couldn't power up to read the sd card like I said fortunate to work with hardware geeks.
        Sure be nice for other MXV owners to know what the coworkers did. Was solder involved, new parts or just a method or proceedure?

Comment

This was a procedure, I asked the guy that unbricked the unit and he told me that to get it to boot he shorted pin 8 and 9 on the control chip and the unit booted and he was able to install the firmware recovering the box.I am currently attempting to find the reference site that was used to provide this information and when I find it I will post a link for all to use.

Comment

Power led dont work, because i think is need firmware.

Try to use my procedure for amilogic from sdcard ( dont short any pins ). You Need firmware img format , and u-boot.bin for you device ( from zip update fie. )
            If failed try again witch short pins on YUR NAND - search in goggle what pins must be short.
            If you need i have ini file.
            read this :

I need firmware ROM M8S
            Read More at : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...m-m8s-and-help
            Last edited by hipisxbit; 10-21-2015, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by gagraham View Post
              This was a procedure, I asked the guy that unbricked the unit and he told me that to get it to boot he shorted pin 8 and 9 on the control chip and the unit booted and he was able to install the firmware recovering the box.I am currently attempting to find the reference site that was used to provide this information and when I find it I will post a link for all to use.
              Thanks for replying with the solution used. It could be helpful to other MXV owners.
              Glad you got it going.
              Have fun.

Comment

Working...
              X