CS918 Q7V 2gb 8gb help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS918 Q7V 2gb 8gb help

Good evening. I have a CS918 Q7V 2gb 8gb Android TV box that is giving me fits. The box powers on and works and I get a picture on some HD TV's. On others I get the blue light and it says unsupported resolution on the TV and just stays on black screen. When I go in Android I am able to change the resolution from 720P to 1080P in display settings, but the box still does not work on some TV's. In Kodi the box reads as 720P even though I switched the resolution. Also, after factory resets (And I've done about 5) I reload my Kodi (I've tested 14.2 and 15.1) and after a while, the box will freeze. It seems to work fine in Android. I've watched some Showbox and Mobdro programming without issue. This is a new box I've only had for about 3 weeks. I've contacted the manufacturer in China and they will honor a return, but it is not cost effective for me to ship this back. I can just buy a new one for what I'll pay for shipping. So here is my question. If I reload the firmware, will it possibly fix these issues? Or is this box I got just a dud. Just wanting an opinion. Thanks in advance.

Rogue

Does your model have a label on the bottom of the unit that states model Q7v or are you getting this from the motherboard if there is not a silver label on the bottom of the unit then you have a knockoff and you are better off getting something like a mxq box which is priced the same maybe cheaper. I have a good source for the original good quality Q7 boxes of which I have probably ordered 50 with no returns.

Cheers,
    Vec

ps all the Q7 boxes are 720 with an overlay to fake 1080 p if you need true 1080p then a beelink mxq is a better option

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It does indeed have the sticker on the bottom identifying the box as Q7V. It is a silver label. I did look at the motherboard and I could not identify it with pictures in the ID section of the forum. Over the chipset is a tin shielding that comprises probably 30 percent of the area of the MB I would guess this is their solution for a heatsink for this unit. I just want the unit to function properly and I was hoping the flashing of firmware could solve these problems. Again thank you for your input and I am anxiously awaiting your reply.

Rogue

Comment

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

This ithe firmware I use on my Q7 boxes it is rooted and works very well

Comment

Thank you very much for the link. I see it is all in chinese, japanese. IDK which lol. How do I d/l from that site. It appears they need a username/pw. And do you think this may fix the issues with this unit my friend. I thank you once again for all your help.

Rogue

Comment

click on the down arrow that has the size of the file mentioned 464.6 m top of screen should get a download box.........not sure if it will fix your problem but my boxes have been great using it so worth a try

Comment

I'll give it a shot if I can download it. I've tried the arrow link with the file size and still directs me to login with an account. Any other way I can get this file? Thanks in advance.

Rogue

Comment

maybe use firefox as your browser dont use anything else

Comment

That's what I use m8. I did try with chrome as well but nope.

Comment

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Thank you very much I"ll give this a shot. Greatly appreciated.

Rogue

Comment

has anyone tried this rom with Q7V-V10 ?

Comment

I 'll try this on XT-Q7-V10 ,i'll let your guy to known late

Comment

Working...
                          X