Pipo S1 stuck at sumivion boot logo riley rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S1 stuck at sumivion boot logo riley rom

Had this tablet for a while now and was initially running it using the stock unrooted English version (20130325) rom but found this to be limiting and there were issues with the boot loader, So I wiped, reset and flashed using the finless flash tool (latest Riley rom) without the loader:-) being activated.

Everything has until now been fantastic (5months) with the greatly increased app memory and speed enhancement, even liked the new boot loader image, took a little longer to boot, but it was worth it.

But a couple of days ago something strange happened!!! I had been using my tablet in the evening and switched it off just before bed, then remembered that I had a email to read before work the next day, so I quickly switched the tablet back on again only to find the boot loader riley rom/pipo s1 going round and round interspersed with bright screen flashes. Left it for a while as my charger was plugged in, and nothing changed half hour later I just switched it off.

The day on returning home from work, tried switching it on, only to be met with the sumvision screen nothing else. Ok a bit of head scratching later and connected to my lappy, went through the process of wiping and using the RKBatchTool only in this instance is was appearing as connected blue square only, thought to myself, where has my masked mode gone, is it bricked and why... changed usb ports and finally I got a pink square which I switched and the with the tablet in firmware mode a green at last.

Low level format, and wipe flashed the original English stock rom and my pipo sprang back to life.

Repeated the process and installed the Riley s1 rom and once again I'm stuck with the sumvison screen.

Any Idea's, help would be appreciated regarding this matter.

I am under the assumption that my nand could either be buggered, failing or maybe something else is causing these errors, as everything until now has run flawlessly on my tablet, may have pushed it harder than most.
    Attached Files

Just used a repair ROM and flashed it back to the basic recovery console where I wiped the data and cache before proceeding with again trying to flash with the Riley ROM, to my surprise it works!! the boot-loader spins and opens up with the apps panel WiFi works....all is not as it would seem however 5 mins after opening up my WiFi and beginning update........everything freezes, and the screen has gone a black. Will not switch back on, will not re-connect via usb, power? I thought there was plenty a few mins ago. whilst it was on the charger. Looks like hardware failure.

Comment

Been at this this for the better part of the day, not wanting my tablet to become just throwaway after having so much fun with it. Searched around the forum and the interweb and the idea of my nand memory being corrupted and a possible repair appeared.

Pried open my Pipo s1 case using an old plectrum, great for this kind of job. First tried de-soldering the red battery lead then using my charger (waste of time that was) re-solded!

Next I moved onto removing the metal housing which covers the nand memory and other chips using the same tool and a little force, any breaks in the gold line surrounding the housing on the board were simply filled in with artic silver paste. Next I inspected the nand chip it has an 8 on it. And from the side nearest to the hdmi socket I shorted out the pins 8-9 plugged in my usb cable and with the RKBatchTool running pressed reset on the tablet.

Woohoo!! a blue square appeared, there was life:-) from here I flashed it with the stock Rom

Switched off and then back on,

and then after checking all was working moved using the Finless Rom Flash tool, erase the nand (IDB) flash with Riley Rom

Switched off and then back on,

The format and erasure all went well as did the new install.

Installed the apps.

Switched off and then back on

Finally Apps are back on and everything is working well

If anyone has any similar problems please ask for info on how to go about this in more detail.

Oh put back the heat shield with a little thermal adhesive and clicked the case shut, word of warning be careful not to trap the battery wires as this can lead to screen problems.

Comment

Yes, it sounds like something came loose inside the tablet, causing the problem. I'm glad to hear you got it going again.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Just when you think everything was going so well, switched the tablet on today and the old boot loop appeared again, despite every effort made I was left with nothing but re-flashing again!! erased the nand a few times, level format and back to stock pipo and then after seeing it working flashed it back to the rileyrom 4.2
          again this went smoothly,
          Checked the log files and all seemed well, the format, no errors, or bad blocks showing

Left it running for a while, with a test app running which re-booted a few times and still all seemed well, that is until I tried to install some apps. Installed Gmail, facebook, taptalk, messenger, bbc news/weather and then after waiting for the installs to finish I shutdown waited a few mins and restarted, only to find that first off I was stuck in the rileyrom boot loop screen, on the second attempt I found that the apps failed to start with multiple errors, (acore,gapps,play) to name a few.

Basically I left with tablet which is only good for watching movies of my usb card, or browsing the internet, as every time I have tried to install an app it has led to me having to re-flash.

I'm guessing the nand memory is screwed, with no way of being able to repair it

Comment

OK, I now get which tablet you are running...that's helpful. It isn't really necessary to post the same exact text in two different areas here on FT...that's kind of a waste of yours and our time.

As I mentioned in the other thread you started...you should re-flash and pay close attention to exactly when the problem starts to show up, after an update of a particular system app, or the installation of a particular app you like to run. Once you find out which app combination is the culprit, we can formulate a plan of how to possibly fix the problem. I'm afraid I don't own an S1, so you will need to do some more testing.

Keep us posted on your progress. I hope to be able to help you further...but I may not have the files required to work on an updated ROM...I'll have to dig around for them.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Pipo S1 running
              RileyROM 1.2.1 custom firmware
              (JB 4.2.2 custom firmware, rooted)

Re-flashed and took it steady, adding app by app switched off, let it reboot and the problem arose again with not much more that just the new flash and bbc news and weather on board. In all honesty I would say that the nand is screwed up, with being written and erased so many times. Is there anyway of incorporating TRIM into this firmware? or is it accessible in another way?

Comment

Working...
              X