Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo S1with Riley ROM 1.2.1 full backup feature including apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S1with Riley ROM 1.2.1 full backup feature including apps?

Just wanted to ask the question, is it possible to make a full backup .img including users apps and system as its the 8th time my tablet has died on me, leaving me to replace everything from scratch. For example would something titanium backup work with full root rights? or is there something else like the clockwork mod I could use.

Not sure about backing up userdata, but would probably work if you turn off all connections while backing up.

But try this: http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ew-rk-2-1-tool
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Thanks for the info, although with the riley rom being set at 4gb I'm finding it difficult to save/change the image size

Comment

It is possible to dump the userdata partition using the RK Flash Tool. There's a thread explaining how to do it (Thanks to Finless).

Like you say, however....the dump file will be the same size as your userdata partition...depending on which parameter file you flashed last time.

My preferred way has always been to use Titanium Backup/Restore. Do a complete backup with it. After a flash, I usually restore all missing apps/data (this keeps you from restoring old system files that might brick your new system). Everything returns just like before.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Working...
        X