Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Kangaroo, Intel Atom x5-Z8500 Cherry Trail

Had to check this one out

As an Aussie I had to see what has someone done now.

Intel Atom x5-Z8500 Cherry Trail processor, 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, microSD card reader.
    A removable dock that adds an HDMI port, two USB ports, and a DC power connector.
    Also has a fingerprint reader so you can secure your login to Windows 10 using biometrics.

A very interesting concept with the Plugin dock.

Read More at liliputing

A little more from here

This is a Kangaroo

Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 10-26-2015, 21:22.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Nice one, mate.

Comment

This device ought to be hopping-fast.

That is one cool kangaroo pictured. Looks like an entry for the contest to replace the Playboy bunny mascot.

Comment

They just lay around the yard,
        Chillaxing waiting for the next big thing if they can be bothered,

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It's an interesting looking box and for the money, is cheap.

The feature to use Windows 10 on any iOS device seems unique.

The only thing that I can't get my head around is exactly what the separate dock seeks to achieve as a separate item.

I was going to order one to try it but not available for delivery to us pommy barstewards.

I'll have to settle for a pound of Kangaroo meat for burgers instead.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

The only thing that I can't get my head around is exactly what the separate dock seeks to achieve as a separate item.....[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Ditto!

Comment

We can hope the concept may spread to other manafactures with other options like ether, optical.
              Drop the finger print and more Ram.
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Aimed at a market that may want a portable sercure divices at a guess, no dock, if found nothiing will work.
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

microSDXC support up to 128Gb also make it a potentially attractive proposition.

Comment

We're getting closer... now, if someone can please match the Z8500 with 4GiB of RAM... Then you'd have a reasonably fast Win10/Linux computer that you can actually do work on.

Comment

Originally posted by ProsjektX View Post
                      We're getting closer... now, if someone can please match the Z8500 with 4GiB of RAM... Then you'd have a reasonably fast Win10/Linux computer that you can actually do work on.

Yes i think that they are coming along nicely and that we will see more powerful models that can do more.

The potential issue that I see is how much they will cost as some may start to cross into NUC territory that may make them seem less attractive.

Apparently, from some discussions that I had yesterday, whilst Intel state that the Z8300 can only support 2Gb RAM, it is possible to use 4, so that may be one way to go in order to keep costs down.

Up to now I think that the Microsoft Surface tablets have pretty much been the only devices to use the Z8700 SOC and we know how expensive they are.

Comment

The Kangaroo X5 Z5088 V's X5 Z8300 @CNXSoft

Cheers

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Another interesting comparison between the 2 SOCs mentioned in the comments.

I quickly compare the Intel Atom X5 Z8500 Vs the X5 Z8300. Geekbench 3 and 3DMark scores and temps. I got the X98 Pro for $215 with coupon 3f3128 here: http:...

Comment

Slightly O/T
                            X98 is a beast of a unit..
                            Issues we had with heat problems with PIPO's are minor compared to X98 pro.
                            Slowly getting the beat under control with doing the heat spreader mod...Yet.
                            Cheers

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

What it did highlight was the difficulty in making accurate comparisons at any one moment in time, so there could be many variables during actual use of a typical device.

Comment

Working...
                              X