Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someon test these foreign channels for me on XBMC? Do they work or do you need a VPN to access them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someon test these foreign channels for me on XBMC? Do they work or do you need a VPN to access them?

I'm trying to buy a Android TV box as a gift to one of my older relatives.
    They speak only Russian, so I want to give them something that can play Russian TV shows.

I tested Kodi/XBMC on my phone & like 90% of the Russian shows I tried loading, gave me an error.

I tried using the video links you get from superrepo, fusion & totalxbmc & all the ones I select give me an error.
    The error message is something like this "-channel error - check the log for more information" (how do I check the log, there is no options for it).

Can anyone with a VPN try any of these channels on their XBMC & see if they work
    ruhd.tv
    ruhd.ru
    vesti.ru
    tv-here.ru
    xbmc russia

Would be a waste of money buying a Android Box if all the shows are geoblocked.

I can access content from vesti.ru (requires flash) and tv-here.ru (pro-tv.net) from a web browser (Stock or flash enabled Dolphin) on my MXIII android TV box without any DNS service or VPN. ruhd.tv seems to be down and ruhd.ru requires a DivX plugin to watch movies via a browser. I can play them using IE on my PC. I was even able to cast many of the Russian TV channels from pro-tv.net onto my TV using a tablet and my EzCast LAN box. Can you access the websites from your location?
    EZCast is a wireless device that plugs into any screen, HDTV or projector to display wireless media to the screen from smartphones and laptops.

I don't think your XBMC problems are related to geoblocking as the plugins usually access the same content as the websites. It's more likely that there is some problem with your XBMC installation or that the plugins have expired or may need to be updated. I don't think that you will have problems finding suitable Russian content to stream using an android TV box like the MXIII/MXIII-G etc.
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...for-only-58-99
    Last edited by Lurker; 10-28-2015, 03:23.

Comment

1, Normally most of the TV boxes in the market support almost if you are using a VPN, but some app versions may not work well, so you should use another version, just like the problem i had with my Tronfy TV box, only one version of BBC iplayer is compactable with the box. still I can not figure out why...
      http://www.tinydeal.com/tronfy-px33fwc-p-154403.html

, another point I want to mention is that you'd better buy an Amlogic S812 TV Box, which is the best pick for video streaming right now. RK3368 also does well , also has a good performance for gaming.

Comment

Working...
      X