Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 10b G2 Wifi & Sonos issues

Hi all, hi Finless,

I'm running into troubles with my Arnova 10b G2 8gb. Wifi keep on discontecting and the Sonos aplication is unstable. Not to say, I bought this tablet to drive my Sonos system so a pity this solution is completely unstable.

Can anybody give me a hint on where to look or what to change? I'm running the Finless 1.4.4 ROM.

What I found strange is that when going to the WIFI parameters it says never disconnect while if I'm going to the tablet state loking at the battery usage it says disconnect WIFI when no used or screen shutdown.

Any help who be appreciated!

Thanks and have a nice day,
    Imkal

There are a couiple of things you can try. Early Arnova ROMs "some" people had this problem. Not everyopne does though.

1) In wifi settings make sure that you do not turn off wifi when the unit sleeps (screen times out).
    2) Try setting for a static IP address instead of dynamic.
    3) Test to see if SDCard is being umounted. Some also have this problem and it seems to efect wifi when it does that.

Just some ideas to try.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi Finless,

Thanks for those tips.

I reviewed all those parameters and here some highlights that could sound obvious but where I think the displayed info may not reflect what the tablet is taking into account.

When you select the option to define how the Wifi connection should behave, you can highlight the option "Never shutdown" but I'm not sure it's taken into consideration unless the selection window closes at the same time. It sounds obvious but I was able to select it with the window remaining open and had to click on cancel to close it. Reopening it showing me the "Never shutdown" option being selected but who knows if it was working.

Same goes for the "Save" in the menu option once you're in the advanced Wifi settings. I did not use it because all my selected options were showing good but now I did a "Save" and it now seems to work.

I'll see tomorrow morning if it's still up

Thanks and have a nice day,
      Imkal

Comment

hi finless... can you help me... my arnova 10 g2 wifi doesn't scanning and not working? thanks...hoping for your reply ..))

hi finless... can you help me... my arnova 10 g2 wifi doesn't scanning and not working? thanks...hoping for your reply ..))

Comment

Working...
        X