Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be the best ROM for my MK808B plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be the best ROM for my MK808B plus?

I bought this off AliExpress. It has a Realtech WiFi chip, and a FW version that I do not recognize from the threads I read here.
    Will Finless work on this device with WiFi?
    How about CM12?
    Any other good ROMs?
    Can I get the GUI to be 1080p?
    ​Thanks.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

I am running Finless Bob's 1.1 on this box. I have had no issues with it and it does 1080p, nicely.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
      I am running Finless Bob's 1.1 on this box. I have had no issues with it and it does 1080p, nicely.
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inless-rom-1-1
      Is the UI 1080p?
      What dongle do you have? There are many clones and variants.

Comment

I do not know. Kodi runs in 1080P.

I use a Tronsmart USB to RJ45 dongle that Finless 1.1 can see and use.
        Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

You have the MK clone. Where have you bought it? Maybe in Banggood? The only option for you is the well done superceleron rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Txemoto View Post
            You have the MK clone. Where have you bought it? Maybe in Banggood? The only option for you is the well done superceleron rom.
            I have tried many ROMS for this MK808B Plus, Stock, Finnless, Cyanogen etc.. Definitively, Superceleron according to me must be the best so far ! Unlike the other ones, you have 2 versions of this one so you can try one or the other depending on the wifi chipset that you have for your stick (RTL8723 or AP6210/AP6212). If you do not want to open the stick to find out, you can try one version and if there is no wifi, try the other one. Get an app for the reboot to recovery, put the CWM recovery.img from Cyanogen and the 2 .zip files (one for the ROM itself and the other one for the Google Apps) on a SD card. Reboot the stick to recovery and install the 2 .zip files one after the other. You should be able to find all of those on freaktab.com.

Comment

i did exactly what you said.. and i can not get passed "under construction" logo. i waited 10 minutes but nothing happens.so i unplugged the power cable. the update process was completed. any ideas what im missing here?
              i used cwm-v6.0.5.1 and both files superceleron files.

Originally posted by warzouing View Post

I have tried many ROMS for this MK808B Plus, Stock, Finnless, Cyanogen etc.. Definitively, Superceleron according to me must be the best so far ! Unlike the other ones, you have 2 versions of this one so you can try one or the other depending on the wifi chipset that you have for your stick (RTL8723 or AP6210/AP6212). If you do not want to open the stick to find out, you can try one version and if there is no wifi, try the other one. Get an app for the reboot to recovery, put the CWM recovery.img from Cyanogen and the 2 .zip files (one for the ROM itself and the other one for the Google Apps) on a SD card. Reboot the stick to recovery and install the 2 .zip files one after the other. You should be able to find all of those on freaktab.com.

Comment

weird i connected the power supply to otg port and setup wizard came up. it seems to be working fine with occasional reboots.power is back now on power input. i think i need to reflash again.

Originally posted by ministerjee View Post
                i did exactly what you said.. and i can not get passed "under construction" logo. i waited 10 minutes but nothing happens.so i unplugged the power cable. the update process was completed. any ideas what im missing here?
                i used cwm-v6.0.5.1 and both files superceleron files.

Comment

Friends, I am looking for a kernel kitkat 4.4.2 WiFi AP6210 (MK808B RK3066)? Only kernek img. to establish through the ROM Tool. Help may have someone else?

Comment

Working...
                  X