Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.3

Good thing I'm a flashaholic becausee Pipo has been busy posting new firmware updates.

Yesterday, I received Pipo's Android 4.2.2 update for the Pipo M8 Pro.

Now, usually I go through and delete much of the crap that the factories dump in their ROM's, but this time I left it pretty much alone. Why...because they've introduced a new UI launcher app that resembles Windows 8. The problem is that in order to use it, you have to enter a key code...which I don't have.

So, if a majority here doesn't want this stuff, I'll be happy to delete it...but if someone figures out the key code (which nags you periodically) I'm willing to play with it.

This firmware was already rooted, so I just expanded the ext4 file system a bit, put it all into a flash kit and provided you with a set of parameter files to choose from for user app space. Oh, and I also added CWM Recovery.

Just follow the readme file for instructions.

There is one bug, I've discovered in the firmware...but I've figured out a workaround for it. Just go to settings/apps/all and select Contacts Storage. Clear the data and disable the app. You can't use Contacts after that, but it makes the nagging notification go away.

According to Pipo here is what they did to this firmware:

Changed a bunch of UI elements
    Modified WIFI and increased connection speed
    Bluetooth Icon is displayed
    Root
    Stabilized the firmware
    Streamlined depth optimization (whatever that means)
    Added a WHOLE BUNCH of software packages

Here is the download page:

Download

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught he process:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 21:07.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

One thing I didn't mention in the readme file is that Android 4.2.2 changed the way it notifies you that the internal SD isn't formatted...it doesn't.

So what you will need to do is go into settings under storage and mount the internal SD. Then you will see a notification up at the top that says "damaged storage". Touch that notification and format your internal SD.

If you want a completely debloated version...I have uploaded version 1.3a which has all of the extra Pipo apps removed. Just click to the download link above. You have choices.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Beware that Netflix won't work with this ROM.

We have discovered through testing that the current Android 4.2.2 release doesn't include proper DRM decription for Netflix. If Netflix is important to you....don't upgrade to 4.2.2 just yet.

Otherwise, flash away.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Donate here

Comment

If you go to the download page link above, you will find two versions of the ROM.

The first choice has all of Pipo's new UI included.

Version "a" is completely debloated, so you don't have to sit through the nagging messages asking you to enter a code to activate it.

I'm still trying to figure out the code.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Working...
        X