Pipo M9 MAX 4.2.2 RileyROM 1 .3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 MAX 4.2.2 RileyROM 1 .3

Pipo has been busy this week updating their firmware. They released an update to their 4.2.2 for the M9.

Among the changes is a bunch apps with a new launcher. Unfortunately, I don't have the code to unlock the Pipo Launcher, but I decided to leave it in in case anyone wants to play with it.

I will post a debloated version on the same download page soon, for those who don't care about the new stuff.

Here is the link to the download page:

Download

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught he process:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 21:07.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

One thing I didn't mention in the readme file is that Android 4.2.2 changed the way it notifies you that the internal SD isn't formatted...it doesn't.

So what you will need to do is go into settings under storage and mount the internal SD. Then you will see a notification up at the top that says "damaged storage". Touch that notification and format your internal SD.

If you want a completely debloated version...I have uploaded version 1.3a which has all of the extra Pipo apps removed. Just click to the download link above. You have choices.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Nice

I tried debloated version, but I had problem with play store (error 491). Then I install standard version (no problem with play store). So we will see....

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for testing that. On my M8 Pro, wifi doesn't work when I flash the M9 ROM, so I couldn't get that far. Hopefully you have a key code to unlock all of Pipo's apps...otherwise you will have to disable them somehow, because it will nag you to enter the code frequently.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Beware that Netflix won't work with this ROM.

We have discovered through testing that the current Android 4.2.2 release doesn't include proper DRM decription for Netflix. If Netflix is important to you....don't upgrade to 4.2.2 just yet.

Otherwise, flash away.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

I'm downloading yet another firmware update from Pipo.

Be watching for 1.4 shortly.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Good

I'm already looking forward to

Comment

The new 1.4 version is posted.

Here is the new thread:

Pipo M9 RileyROM 1.4
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                X