New Cs918 type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cs918 type

HI, I recently bought a CS918 RK3188T (no I don't know why either) lol.
    Anyhow I find it slow and wanted to change the Rom.

Board has CS918_V30 2015_07_23 on it. Which firmware can I use as my wifi doesn't work due to a wrong firmware being applied a few day back. Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0128.png
Views:	283
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	535291

Attached Files
    Last edited by beljim7419; 11-06-2015, 10:56.

Nobody got this device that can give me a Backup to install ?

Comment

I bricked my device, looking for working rom also.
      do u mind post your slow rom here? thanks

Comment

I don't have it. I was foolish in thinking I could flash any CS918 firmware at the time so mine is also in a none working state. There are a few roms that can be flashed but the Wifi and bluetooth won't work.

Anyhow after a week or so of searching and trying many roms I can tell you there isn't one out there yet that workks for this CS918 for some reason.

I've contacted Banggood.com and they said yesterday they have contacted the supplier to ask for the rom and will email me when they get it.
        I didn't buy it from them so not sure if it will happen but worth a shot and if it does and it works, I'll upload it to the cloud and post a link.

Or post here if you do find one

Comment

Hi, I bought 2 of these boxes and tried to update the firmware on only one of them. ended up with no wifi and remote not working. I have been trying to get the rom off of the other box, but have not been sucessful because when I flash the backup files and boot the box it says I am missing the external sdcard partition and I can't find instructions for extracting that partition using the dumptool. Anyone have any idea how to get that partition using the dumptool, that would solve the problem.

Comment

Hi, It would be great If you can upload what you have I'll see if I can get it running my end and give the solution if I get it running.

Two heads and all that

Comment

Ok, here is a link to my dropbox folder with the output from my dump. I can also dump the user.img and the userdata.img if you want those as well.

Hope this helps!!

Comment

hello,

i`m also looking for firmare... tried many roms but wifi and bt not working. This box have a chip RTL8723BU. Please help

thx in advance

Comment

good news

i found it ....

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Strange. Wifi and bluetooth still not working on mine with that firmware.

Comment

I contacted my vendor and requested the firmware for my device. He gave me a link to download it and I installed it and everything as far as hardware goes, works just fine. The box has crashed and rebooted itself several times though. I can confirm however that this firmware is not the exact one that came installed on the box originally. Hopefully we can use it though to construct a version that is stable.

Here is the link.

Comment

hereinsd Awesome...Working...so far
                        I'll test to see if I get any crashing but at least wifi works.

Could your crashing be down to the wrong kernel being installed as when I extracted the firmware I did not see any kernel so it probably just uses whatever was on last.
                        Try flashing the kernel from your other backup if you haven't already.
                        Last edited by blinkone; 12-08-2015, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by hereinsd View Post
                          I contacted my vendor and requested the firmware for my device. He gave me a link to download it and I installed it and everything as far as hardware goes, works just fine. The box has crashed and rebooted itself several times though. I can confirm however that this firmware is not the exact one that came installed on the box originally. Hopefully we can use it though to construct a version that is stable.

Here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0snj6wrs53...-15.0.zip?dl=0
                          I've try this FW, but it force me to press and hold power button about 5 seconds to power up my device. I just want to press the power button only once. Could you send me another FW?

Comment

Originally posted by beljim7419 View Post
                            hereinsd Awesome...Working...so far
                            I'll test to see if I get any crashing but at least wifi works.

Could your crashing be down to the wrong kernel being installed as when I extracted the firmware I did not see any kernel so it probably just uses whatever was on last.
                            Try flashing the kernel from your other backup if you haven't already.

But I have a problem. I got what penguins on the screen. Tell me what to do, or to reset the firmware. Thx in advance.
                            Last edited by FrogyRU; 12-01-2016, 14:20.

Comment

Working...
                            X