Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV player with DTS and Dolby 5.1 passthrough

Hi everybody,

do you know how to understand which player has DTS and Dolby 5.1 passthrough, so I can listen 5.1 sound?
    It is not specified very often so I can't understand.
    Thanks

First welcome to freaktab
    Player as video app?
    Or do you mean.. player as devices that support Dolby DTS?

If you are looking for devices..with Dolby / DTS support, sites like : cnx-software or AndroidPC.Es are good sources
    -good device currently zidoo x6 (Dolby Atmos/kodi)

Cheers

Comment

Yes, I'm looking for devices.
      Is there a site where is clear which models have this feature?
      It depend by the chip, so avery devices with some kind of chip have this feature or it depend from device to device?

Comment

I agree with mulderfox..
        What are you looking for kartola?
        Price range? Kodi? Gaming?... ect, give more info

Comment

I'm looking for something to stream movie from NAS to TV. Collegated with Home theater and with gigabit LAN. Possibly streaming also h265 content.
          Can you help me?

Comment

I'm thinking about a MX3-G with Amlogic S812 and 2Gb RAM.
            What do you think?
            Can I buy this device from any manufactor and put the newest firmware, or there is difference?

Thx

Comment

According to this review its quite good and cheap (you might need a translator its E'S)
              Review del TV-Box Android MXIII-G, un miniPC con SoC Quad Core S812 de Amlogic que destaca por integrar conector de red Gigabit.

Comment

Originally posted by kartola View Post
                I'm thinking about a MX3-G with Amlogic S812 and 2Gb RAM.
                What do you think?
                Can I buy this device from any manufactor and put the newest firmware, or there is difference?

Thx

You must get a genuine Beelink MXIII-G. I think that Gearbest will be your cheapest and most reliable option. You should be very happy with this machine. There is a choice of several different firmwares such as Kit Kat, Lollipop or Openelec. Here is another review from a FreakTab user.
                http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...eview-t3160863

This 11.11 special ($58-99) ends in a few hours, alternatively you can try the HTMXG discount coupon ($60-89).

Some members of FreakTab have bought MXIII machines on Aliexpress thinking that they were original Beelink products only to find that they are inferior clones and are now having difficulty finding working compatible firmware. Take a look at the photos in the link below to see the differences.
                http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ed-n200-ap6330
                Last edited by Lurker; 11-12-2015, 00:16.

Comment

Thanks Lurker

Comment

Thanks Lurker
                    Gearbest send from china, should I pay custom tax when they send to me package?
                    Even in gearbest it is not specified that is Beelink... It is difficult to search for this device and be sure it is good....

Comment

@kartola: I see that you are in Italy. Can you find out how much customs duty you would have to pay on a $60 TV box? Would it be a few Euros or tens of Euros?

If you select the 1GB EU option for the MXIII-G from the Gearbest link you will see that there is an EU warehouse option. I don't think that you will need to pay any customs duty on that version but the 2GB option only seems to be available from the China warehouse.

Another option would be to look at the 2GB MXIII Plus from the Geekbuying Spanish warehouse. You might be able to use the 5% VNWJBBZC discount coupon.
                      http://www.geekbuying.com/item/-Spai...TG-357896.html

I'll look around a bit more to see if there are any other options ...

Comment

Thx Lurker
                        I ordered on gearbest, but they seem to be soooo slow to send. I'm waiting.....

Comment

@kartola: Good to hear that your order is on its way. Did you order the 1 or the 2GB option? If it's the 2GB I hope you don't get taken for a ride by customs in your country!

Comment

Eheheh it's 2gb.
                            Let's hope...

Comment

Working...
                            X