Beelink M8B (8G) no video output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink M8B (8G) no video output

Hi, I've had one of these boxes for about 18 months now, but a few months ago, it stopped working and I've only just got around to investigating it now...

I thought the power supply was failing, but it looks like the power is fine. The box powers on, but there's just no video output.

It "feels" like it is doing a boot sequence too - if press the power button on the side of the "box", the front light goes red, then blue.... and after a couple of minutes, I can press the power button on the remote and it will toggle back and forth between red and blue (presumably "on" and "standby".... the most I manage to get in terms of HDMI response is a flicker of acknowledgement that there's an input, but but by the time it has switched over to the source, there's nothing and it just says "NO SIGNAL".

I've tried it on my little old 22" LG TV/monitor and 46" Philips "8007", both 1080P capable.

I've also tried it with a variety of HDMI cables (from TinyDeal specials to SuperFi and QED reference).

I'm pretty sure I've ruled out the TV's / cables.

Are there any other tests / checks worth doing?

Slightly at a loss as it was a really neat little, reasonably powerful little TV box, but pretty much useless now.

reflash the box currupt rom
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

fingers crossed it's just that!!

I'm pretty adept at mucking around with PC's (any flavour of DOS/Windows/.Linux from the last 20yrs) and also Android phones (mostly Cyanogenmod 7-12 on Nexus/Samsung hardware), but a complete noobie to tinkering with AV sticks and boxes (despite having several of them around the house).... is there a REALLY simple "how to" guide somewhere?

Right now, I don't even know if the device is able to get into recovery - I tried poking a thin plastic "straw" (inside of a pen) into the AV port as that's supposed to get it into recovery, but I don't know if that can be done at any time or does it have to be as I plug in the power, as I hit the hardware power button, as I hit the standby button on the remote??

I hadn't even thought to try to adb into the device, but I'm guessing that works, again, how do I get it into the bootloader?

Is there an equivalent of KIES / ODIN for Beelink?

What are the different M8's and which ROM's are compatible? Is the S82 identical to my "red base" "M8(B)" - i.e. the same ROM's. I take it there are other M8's that are definitely NOT the same?

Comment

download
        1. Stock rom from beelink or on this forum
        2. USB BurnTool

You will need something non metalic or conductive to stick in the av port for the reset switch also you will need to buy a male to male usb cable.

I believe tronsmart has guide on their website
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Working...
        X