Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX PLUS Amlogic S905 4K TV BOX Android 5.1 1G/8G 802.11b/g/n Gigabit Lan Bluetooth4.0 HDMI2.0 3D Dolby DTS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8+2 would definitely be much smoother than 8+1.
    Am quite satisfied with the trosmart rom.... less crash and better remote control response.

Comment

Hello. Where can i get firmware on MXplus?is it posible to get firmqare from VEGA S95 PRO ?

Comment

goggle
        transmart forum

Comment

Hello gentlemen,
          Please tell me, must root MX PLUS Amlogic S905, before I Tronsmart Vega S95 Pro firmware?
          Before installing Tronsmart Vega S95 Pro firmware, I should make a backup?
          Thank you,

Comment

MX plus is totaly same hw like Tronsmart vega S95 PR, yes you can use it!

Comment

Thank you,

Comment

So I installed the S95 firmware successfully. It even updated itself to the 20160113 version. However, when I try to add my Google account, I'm getting "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server." My time & date are correct, so it's not that. Ideas? Some others were saying something about commenting out a line in /etc/hosts, but the only thing in my hosts file is localhost.

Edit: OK, so I fixed this by going into settings-->apps and clearing the data and cache for the Google play store and Google play services, then rebooting.
                MXQ / M8S+ / MXIII-Plus / Mini MX / Mini MXIII / T95 / Mini M8S II / R68 / V88 / GT1

Comment

downloaded firmware update from Vega. FW update failed twice, shipped MX Plus_S had later release than --51128.rar Found remote for android phone, remote a bit clunky, does not access bottom commands. Phone remote does not work if unit is plugged into LAN (disables WIFI). May end up using wireless mouse regardless, seems to work better than phone remote APK app.
                  Last edited by curtgrif; 04-06-2016, 21:24.

Comment

There is a new version of MX Plus and is not compatible with the Tronsmart S95 Pro´s firmware. The new Wifi chip is the RTL8723 insted of AP6212. However, the firmware gets a OTA update and seems to works ok

Comment

Originally posted by Txemoto View Post
                      There is a new version of MX Plus and is not compatible with the Tronsmart S95 Pro´s firmware. The new Wifi chip is the RTL8723 insted of AP6212. However, the firmware gets a OTA update and seems to works ok
                      Txemoto, How do you tell which version you have???

Also, is anyone having problem running Kodi. I am wanting to install Kodi 15.2 but after I ordered I watched a review video that said kodi was crashing on his box..

Comment

Anyone can say, how to flash this box with openelec???
                        is possible?
                        thanks for reply

Comment

Originally posted by Comfort View Post

Txemoto, How do you tell which version you have???

Also, is anyone having problem running Kodi. I am wanting to install Kodi 15.2 but after I ordered I watched a review video that said kodi was crashing on his box..

Without open the box is difficult. I dont know if in the firmware version is any difference. If you open it the wifi chipset is RTL8723BS insted of the AP6212

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1636.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	566292

Comment

crap just bought one of these because of the compatability
                            there is an app called SPECDEVICE that can tell you chipset without opening it up.
                            mine says it is the RTL chipset.
                            does anyone know if the Tronsmart firmware would still work ?

Comment

as stated above, and after having tried it, no, Tronsmart will not update MX Plus_S w/RTL chipset.
                              Q? has anyone tried installing VidOn Player HD, is there any improvement over Jarvis 16.0 Kodi? One post said conflict Vid On and 5.1.1 anyone verify this?

Comment

Originally posted by curtgrif View Post
                                downloaded firmware update from Vega. FW update failed twice, shipped MX Plus_S had later release than --51128.rar Found remote for android phone, remote a bit clunky, does not access bottom commands. Phone remote does not work if unit is plugged into LAN (disables WIFI). May end up using wireless mouse regardless, seems to work better than phone remote APK app.
                                When using wired LAN, can you turn on the WiFi hotspot function? Then maybe the phone remote will work.

Comment

Working...
                                X