Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot from SD card only instead of the ROM firmware

Hi all,
    I would appreciate if somebody make suggestion and any solution of the following problem, that could not be found anywhere else.
    I have a box with the original name pufangda_S812 . It didn't loaded many of the Google Play applications and also TWRP intended for this box N200. I decided to risk and flash it then I bricked it. Only Blue led no boot. I tried many bootloaders - u-boot.bin (with and without shortening NAND pins) and made bootcard sd, but only one worked - for N200C and TWRP for K200 also worked. The firmware for N200C also work very good. I have only two problems now:
    - The device can only boot from the SD card and not from the ROM. Any suggetion and solution? I first loaded the firmware img from the bootcard . I also changed the options in aml_sdc_burn.ini to
    erase_bootloader = 1
    erase_flash = 4
    Then I flashed TWRP backup from a friend's box.
    When turn the box on the LED first lights in Blue and when I put the bootcard SD turns Red and boot to the ROM successfully. ANy suggestion and posible solution. Is it posible the flash chip to be damaged (boot partition) when shorted pin 29and 30 before?
    - The remote control don't work, but I will try some files from other thread.
    Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by orlie; 11-30-2015, 11:09. Reason: details

You erased the bootloader and hipisxbit TWRP backup doesn't have bootloader in it. So you need to flash the bootloader that is on your sdcard. Remote control config is in /system/etc, just extract files from rom that works and copy to your tv box.
    ​Archos Gen9 A80S cm-11.0
    Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

Originally posted by stevemp View Post
      You erased the bootloader and hipisxbit TWRP backup doesn't have bootloader in it. So you need to flash the bootloader that is on your sdcard. Remote control config is in /system/etc, just extract files from rom that works to your tv box.
      I think that is right.

Comment

You erased the bootloader and hipisxbit TWRP backup doesn't have bootloader in it. So you need to flash the bootloader that is on your sdcard. Remote control config is in /system/etc, just extract files from rom that works and copy to your tv box.
        Thanks! But before Hipisxibit TWRP I burned other (8MN) .img file. It has to have the bootloader. The TWRP should also have it. How to flash the .bin file? Or probably to rename the u-boot,bin to bootloader.img and then flash it with TWRP? But there is also a file boot.img... I can get them from a working zip file only.

OK the remote is not a problem anymore, since one of the the public .zip (Eweat) and one of my old remotes started to work. I however use mouse but it is convenient sometimes.
        Last edited by orlie; 11-30-2015, 21:31.

Comment

If you look at recovery.log for TWRP it's not backing up bootloader or ubootenv, I is information, E is for error. If you give me a link to firmware for N200C I can make you a flashable zip to use with TWRP. Is this the firmware you used? http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....at-442_23.html
          Code:
          I:Processing '/bootloader'
          E:Unable to find partition size for '/bootloader'
          I:Processing '/ubootenv'
          E:Unable to find partition size for '/ubootenv'
          Last edited by stevemp; 12-01-2015, 00:23. Reason: more info
          Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

If you look at recovery.log for TWRP it's not backing up bootloader or ubootenv, I is information, E is for error. If you give me a link to firmware for N200C I can make you a flashable zip to use with TWRP. Is this the firmware you used? http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....at-442_23.html
            Code:
            I:Processing '/bootloader'
            E:Unable to find partition size for '/bootloader'
            I:Processing '/ubootenv'
            E:Unable to find partition size for '/ubootenv'
            Yes, I used this firmware. allthough It was working with some problems - ethernet and wifi were switching off after some minutes work. I have no any other at the moment.
            I would appreciate if you make a flashable zip to solve this boot issue.

Comment

Ok here is link, n200c has gigibit ethernet might need a different bootloader. Flash with TWRP. https://mega.nz/#!5UxxkDzL!byiVufEU5...jMvHiCJUUOg1WM
              Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

Ok here is link, n200c has gigibit ethernet might need a different bootloader. Flash with TWRP. https://mega.nz/#!5UxxkDzL!byiVufEU5...jMvHiCJUUOg1WM
                I have changed with the right u-boot and I am attaching the file.
                Thanks to you both stevemp and hipisxbit, with your big help, I restored the tv box and now it is perfect, allthough there is no available original stock firmware for this clone -pufangda_s812.
                Thanks a lot! I will not return it to the seller.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by orlie; 12-01-2015, 20:39.

Comment

Working...
                X