Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Wifi/Bluetooth

Hi

I have a few (probably dumb ) questions about the antenna connected to our TV sticks:

1) Does Bluetooth use the antenna too, or is it just for wifi?

2) How does the antenna work? I mean, if I were to just solder the antenna wires to something big and metal, would this improve signal strength, or is there more to it?

3) Do the two antenna wires need to be connected to two separate (i.e. not touching) parts of the antenna, in order for it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
      Hi

I have a few (probably dumb ) questions about the antenna connected to our TV sticks:

1) Does Bluetooth use the antenna too, or is it just for wifi?

I think it is used by BT too but I am not sure of that

2) How does the antenna work? I mean, if I were to just solder the antenna wires to something big and metal, would this improve signal strength, or is there more to it?

I don't know a lot about RF, but the size and form is the trick, only a big metal don work better, it needs to use adequate size and form

3) Do the two antenna wires need to be connected to two separate (i.e. not touching) parts of the antenna, in order for it to work?

Dont know for sure, but i will tell you my experience, removing one of the two antennas the signal improves a lot.

Thanks in advance.
      Answers in blue, sorry but i don't know a lot about RF.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Interesting what you say about removing one of the antennas.

I actually don't use wifi but I do need BT. The reason I'm asking about this is because I'm in the process of doing my case/cooling mod and potentially have the ability to improve the antenna reception. I guess some experimentation is in order.

Thanks Leolas.

Comment

Working...
        X