Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random MAC Address / Can't Use Fixed IP Address

Hi people,

I'm having trouble with my Vensmile MXV Amlogic S805 boxes, whatever factory firmware I put on them I can't set a fixed IP (neither wifi and ethernet) and the mac address changes on every reboot.

I was hoping there could be a fix for this, while keeping the factory ROM or a really good third party ROM I could try on it to see if it get fixed.

Thanks

Cassio

Is there not an app like busybox or something that allows you to create your own (spoof) MAC addresses?
    I am getting a MXv Android box and need a permanent MAC address as well.

Comment

matrixebiz
      ​It may be the firmware I'm using, I'm sure there're other firmwares out there that don't have this problem, I have about 3 different here that I will test later and post back here.

Comment

Originally posted by matrixebiz View Post
        Is there not an app like busybox or something that allows you to create your own (spoof) MAC addresses?
        I am getting a MXv Android box and need a permanent MAC address as well.
        Anyway I've already tried to spoof the address with no luck, something overwrites it at boot.

Comment

Ok, please let me know which OS you decide to use because I am getting one of these boxes too and need to have my MAC permanent.
          I'm used to the PC world where the MAC address is hard coded into the Network card so i didn't even think that these things would have random MAC address every time you reboot, Weird

Comment

I'll keep you updated

Comment

Okay, I was going to try Vensmile MXV S805 latest ROM but it hasn't fixed the random MAC issues yet.

Comment

Working...
              X