New box that does Netflix in HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New box that does Netflix in HD

I currently own an MK808b plus in my bedroom and will move it in the living room to complement my smart TV where I already have Netflix in HD.

I Would like to get a new media player for my bedroom. Here are the things I want in my future media player :

Must
    • Plays Netflix in HD
    • Compatible with KODI
    • Snappy
    • Wi-fi
    • Functionnal remote
    • Ship to Canada

Would be good
    • Dual band Wi-Fi
    • Cheap
    • Use power from tv's usb plug

Don't care for
    • Anything other than stereo sound
    • Ethernet connection

What I found so far are:
    Asus Nexus Player (a bit dated and hard to find)
    Amazon Fire TV Stick (need to ship from the US)
    Amazon Fire TV Streaming Media Player (worth the premium over the stick?)
    Wetek Core (looks great, but sooo expensive)

Suggestions are welcome.

You missed the best/most expensive one - NVidia Shield TV!

Comment

I have both V1 and V2 FireTV boxes and they both blow away the other Android TV boxes I have. No more generic Android TV boxes for me.

1080p at 5.6 Mb Netflix streaming, dual band and AC Wi-fi and menus smooth as silk. Sideload the other Android apps you need.

Use Firestarter for your menu interface, ES file explorer from the store to sideload your apps and you are all set.

No root needed, no blocked updates, Kodi 16 beta3 working flawless!! along with HBO, Starz, Showtime, Prime, ( i don't have Hulu)

It just works!

Comment

Originally posted by gregger2k View Post
        I have both V1 and V2 FireTV boxes and they both blow away the other Android TV boxes I have. No more generic Android TV boxes for me.

1080p at 5.6 Mb Netflix streaming, dual band and AC Wi-fi and menus smooth as silk. Sideload the other Android apps you need.

Use Firestarter for your menu interface, ES file explorer from the store to sideload your apps and you are all set.

No root needed, no blocked updates, Kodi 16 beta3 working flawless!! along with HBO, Starz, Showtime, Prime, ( i don't have Hulu)

It just works!

I am really tempted. Which one do you suggest? Would the stick do a good job or you would go with the full media player?

Comment

I have only used the full box. It costs more but has a quad core vs dual core. It also has a gigabit Ethernet port, and USB port for memory or whatever.

Check out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201640900

They were on sale for $75 on black Friday and $85 a couple days ago.

An easy way to sideload: http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-sidel...t-the-fire-tv/

Firestarter will let you easily get to your sideloadrd apps: http://www.htpcbeginner.com/install-...mazon-fire-tv/

Comment

Working...
          X