TUTORIAL : MXIII M8S 2GB - Un-Bricking Device from Red Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUTORIAL : MXIII M8S 2GB - Un-Bricking Device from Red Light

So I spent the whole of last weekend trying to get my MX2 working on it after flashing a non compatible rom. I was literally at full brick mode. Eg RED light only . Nothing on screen , cant boot into recovery. No Blue light. There was a lot of information on this forum that helped. After a lot of trial and error I managed to get a combination of roms working to get it back to working mode. Here is a video and files on how I did it ( see Youtube Video ) . Please read the youtube comment for some help before posting questions. Below is a pic of my board and original firmware.

What I assumed by board was a MX3 M8S S802 2GB. As I haven’t taken off heatsink to check . But some are saying this is actually a MX3 M8s S812 2GB , and probably why a lot of ROMS aren’t working as it’s a mashup of the S802 WIFI LAN and S812 chipset. Please feel free to comment on this theory. I have no clue if this will work on a 1GB version. But if you’re here your at the last ditch saloon anyway. But please check your board first and Good Luck People.

Good to hear feedback if works for you as it will help others and that’s why we are all hear in the first place

STOCK ROM : ROM 3.10.33 UBUNTU@GOOGLE-SERVER

Peace

MANY THANKS TO ABDUL FOR HIS TWRP VERSIONS ... PLEASE DONATE TO HIM FOR HIS HARD WORK ,

Click image for larger version

Name:	_NebZK2AfwK_RKH1VdDDyw--3L8_2bqCg-ru7epXstetlfxXcAE4qal6EgILm5nqQCnetKepiID3BF7v4v9PWmqKLJUkzDxtUKg8I-jttAbK1Lh7hTGNj_EsiDKOYqOLmouVBDNJhGKmoxJT34b3paa9X2J3Fvnd1i8rSEI_NkiR3Tg0hSyp2uTOCouLdYF3E6PLnXiNlKOpDDT1Cw5ig6IsfzLJHa7VZOurP922Lk1VsTNeIGKoebYnS7o4TKH
Views:	489
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	543587

It managed to unbrick with only the first step only my remote does not work. I tried to run second step to see if this would enable the remote again and it does not load the zip file. mine is a mxiii m82 s802 2gb ram. any ideas would help. thanks. also ROM 3.10.33 UBUNTU@GOOGLE-SERVER is my stock rom.

Comment

this also changed my model number to a M9. oh boy! help?

Comment

ok dont panic people.. the M9 state is only to get the device out of Full brick mode . Eg you cant boot in recovery red light only. If your board is the same as mine then you can go head and use the included TWRP ( or check other versions in video description ) on a newly formatted card with my STOCK ROM COPY. However if this doesn't work for you .

1) Try another SD card . this has worked for some people.
        2) Try another rom on this site . Post a pic of your board and someone may be able to identify a compatible ROM.

These files have worked for others as you can see from posting on videos.

Comment

My board looks identical to yours other than the ap6330 chip.

Comment

Name:	20151223_200844 (3).jpg
Views:	438
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	545676 here is my board Click image for larger version

Name:	20151223_200844 (2).jpg
Views:	429
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	545674

Name:	20151223_200754 (2).jpg
Views:	414
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	545675

Comment

Hi everyone.
              I have a TV Box MXIII 4K 2G/8G. First the tv box hang on start up logo. So I put a SD CARD with the RemiX_115k4 os. And started updating. With the process about to end. It was 3 hours and never progressed. Then I interrupted the process and turned off the TV box. When I turned it on again, red light. I followed the process of this post with several stock roms. But when the Amlogic USB burning tool 2.0.7.2.2 is on 95% this message appear: [0x30101004]UBOOT/Low power/Send command/Error result.
              I try with the SD CARD again but nothing, only black screen.
              Any ideas to solve this?

Comment

Working...
              X