S802 killing my router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S802 killing my router

Recently bought an MXIII TV Box with an S802. It crashes my router (and I've tried two so far) every time it connects. This is using both a wireless and a wired connection. Is anyone else seeing this? I've got BT coming tomorrow and I'd rather not pay the £100 quid where they tell me it's my devices problem. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Is that a genuine MXIII TV box or a copy? Where did you purchase it from? What appears under the Build number and Kernel version in the Settings > Other menu?

You could try to switch off uPnP in your router to see if that helps. If it's a genuine MXIII you could try a different firmware.

Comment

Hi Lurker. I think it's genuine. I bought it from Amazon. The build number is MXIII.V2.0.201511060840 and the Kernel is 3.10.33. Android 4.4.2. Just switched it on to check and it crashed the router again

Comment

No that sounds like a copy. Very few of the machines sold on Amazon are genuine.

I think it's supposed to say something like Build number: 115k4 Kernel version: 3.10.33 Oman@ubuntu #1

It's very likely that the MXIII is causing your router to crash. Mine also crashes my router on rare occasions. Try to see if you can disable uPnP to see if this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X