Installing libstagefright causing a boot loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing libstagefright causing a boot loop

Due to my own stupidity, I decided on a whim to use CWM to install libstagefright and now end up in a bootloop.

Had i remembered to make a full CWM backup beforehand, as I usually do, then I would be able to recover easily.

Having carried out many tweaks to my set-up, I would not like to have to start again, but if needs must ....

But before I do, I thought I'd ask if there was any way to undo the changes made.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Re: Installing libstagefright causing a boot loop

You can try to connect by adb in cwm recovery.
    Then you must mount system from cwm or from adb. Then you must replace libstagefrigh lib for the old one. If you use my zip to install it, they are in a folder called old or so. Tell me if you have problems doing it.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      You can try to connect by adb in cwm recovery.
      Then you must mount system from cwm or from adb. Then you must replace libstagefrigh lib for the old one. If you use my zip to install it, they are in a folder called old or so. Tell me if you have problems doing it.
      Thank you very much.

I'll give that a try.

Comment

I've hit a snag early on.

I've connected the stick to my laptop in adb mode but when I run adb devices, I get nothing shown.

The driver is detected and active and if i use one of the rockchip tools that I would use to flash a new ROM, it detects it, so I'm scratching my head somewhat.

I'm using Windows 8 64 bit and have opened a command prompt in administrator mode.

Comment

You dont have installed the proper driver in Windows device manager. Can you connect any adb device? If you can use adb in other devices you need to modify adb-usb.ini or so(not sure in Windows cause I use adb in Linux) and add the vendor string to it. In device manager may appears adb device not rockchip.
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

AW: Installing libstagefright causing a boot loop

Install moborobo this will gave you the driver for adb then try it with adb shell. This should work I use it for different devices and work every time.

Neomode Freaktab.com Developer

Comment

Great tip neomode. It must work. And be sure that you are into cwm recovery

leolas
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

I had a feeling that it would have something to do with the driver.

I've been trying all night to modify the android_winusb.inf

My hardware id's are:

USB\VID_2207&PID_300A&REV_0100
                USB\VID_2207&PID_300A

The relevant sections of the inf file I have modified under the [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64] sections to:

; MK809ii
                %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0100
                %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0100&MI_01

But when I pick this file windows says that there is no compatible driver.

I looked at moborobo (great tip) but it requires usb debugging in the stick to be enabled and I can't get into it to check if it is.

I am clearly doing something wrong but cannot for the life of me figure it out lol

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                  I had a feeling that it would have something to do with the driver.

I've been trying all night to modify the android_winusb.inf

My hardware id's are:

USB\VID_2207&PID_300A&REV_0100
                  USB\VID_2207&PID_300A

The relevant sections of the inf file I have modified under the [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64] sections to:

; MK809ii
                  %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0100
                  %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0100&MI_01

But when I pick this file windows says that there is no compatible driver.

I looked at moborobo (great tip) but it requires usb debugging in the stick to be enabled and I can't get into it to check if it is.

I am clearly doing something wrong but cannot for the life of me figure it out lol
                  In my mk808b i have diferent id for adb in cwm recovery. Cause you can enter in recovery, can't you?

leolas
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

I can't get to CWM via the normal method at all as it's in a boot loop.
                    Last edited by bluesmanuk; 05-28-2013, 01:03. Reason: update

Comment

I can't get to CWM via the normal method at all as it's in a boot loop.
                      But you can access it pushing the reset button while power on the stick

leolas
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

I only use that method when I plug it into my PC.

Can CWM be accessed that way when plugged into the TV then?

edit: I just tried it and it does indeed.

I learn something new every day.
                        Last edited by bluesmanuk; 05-28-2013, 01:19. Reason: update

Comment

Like everyone, me too

leolas
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

Hehe

I have another thought that I would like to run by you.

Now that I have CWM and can make a back-up to the external SD card, if I then copy this to my PC, can I then get into the files somehow to remove the libstagefright files necessary and then use CWM to restore?

Comment

Hehe

I have another thought that I would like to run by you.

Now that I have CWM and can make a back-up to the external SD card, if I then copy this to my PC, can I then get into the files somehow to remove the libstagefright files necessary and then use CWM to restore?
                              It will be more complicated, and need linux to make that, the best and easy mode is:
                              Enter cwm recovery.
                              Connect your pc to otg port.
                              Use adb
                              Mount system from cwm or adb
                              Make system rw ( mount -o remount,rw /system )
                              Now replace the libstagefrigh files for the original ones.
                              In cwm wipe cache and advanced/wipe dalvick cache
                              Reboot.
                              It must work.

leolas
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X