Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXV+ Amlogic S905 TV BOX 1G/8G 802.11b/g/n Gigabit LAN Bluetooth4.0 KODI LED HDMI 2 DLNA 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXV+ Amlogic S905 TV BOX 1G/8G 802.11b/g/n Gigabit LAN Bluetooth4.0 KODI LED HDMI 2 DLNA 3D

Click image for larger version

Name:	2hp0w9w.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	545833

Android 5.1
    Amlogic S905 Quad-Core (2.0GHZ)
    Penta-Core Mail-450 GPU up to 750MHz+
    RAM 1GB DDR3
    Nand Flash 8GB
    WiFi 802.11b/g/n
    LAN 10/100/1000M
    HDMI 2160P
    XBMC

Last edited by trebor; 12-25-2015, 11:10. Reason: spelting error
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

MXV was generous with the USB ports in their S805 box. I see that continues with the MXV Plus. IMO a better looking case on this S905 than the original's. Interesting looking remote.
    ​Does anything go on in the display?

Comment

Unsure at this stage, and you would think so.
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I want to know if that is an airmouse button on the remote....if it is i know what box i am getting next.
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
          I want to know if that is an airmouse button on the remote....if it is i know what box i am getting next.
          The remote is not a Flymouse

Spanish review of the MXV+ S905

[REVIEW] TV Box MXV+ S905 - Amlogic s905 - 1GB/8GB - Android 5.1.1 - Display frontal Amlogic

Comment

Is this still good? I found it for $43 on geekbuying, not a bad price for this little boy.

Comment

it seems to be good.. but I am not able to find good support for this device so far.. I have ordered it from ALiexpress (for $34 - it was a deal that lasted 1-2 days) and am waiting for it to be delivered now.

Comment

I received mine this week from GeekBuying and so far it's pretty disappointing.

Google Playstore crashes constantly when you try to type anything into the search. I have managed to get enough installed to try and get things working.

I purchased this hoping to use it for my home theater and support 1080p video with digital sound. Unfortunately I can't get any videos to actually show me video. I just get a black screen. I can hear sound, so the video is playing. Right now just on a 1080p TV/Monitor not on my home theater, so not sure what the sound quality actually is.

Kodi - doesn't play anything and sometimes sound doesn't work right.
                Video player (Internal) - hear sound but black screen
                MX Player - won't run at all, not sure if the cpu is not supported?
                Plex - videos will not play at all, errors out
                BubbleUPNP over DLNA - hear sound but black screen

I can't say I really like the interface and it doesn't look like you can change it.

The clock on the front is pretty, but that's about the only good thing I can say right now.

Firmware is the most recent I can find: March 21st 2016.

I'd be very interested to hear what others experience or have experienced.

Thanks.

Update: I did actually get stuff to play through plex. Not sure exactly what changed, but I did do some hard resets earlier. I still cannot p[lay anything that has AC3 audio, which I assumed would be supported on this device. If I force AAC the videos play. Obviously not exactly what I'm looking for in a home theater.

Update 2: So something must have changed with the resets after initial installation. Playstore is working fine now too and I was able to install MX Player. Playing videos with MX player works and seems smooth. I'll have to see if I get high quality audio over the hdmi cable or the fiber optic. Unfortunately, Plex will still not play videos if I tell it to use AC3. Disappointing.
                Last edited by androidTVuser; 05-20-2016, 02:10.

Comment

Originally posted by androidTVuser View Post
                  I received mine this week from GeekBuying and so far it's pretty disappointing.

Google Playstore crashes constantly when you try to type anything into the search. I have managed to get enough installed to try and get things working.

I purchased this hoping to use it for my home theater and support 1080p video with digital sound. Unfortunately I can't get any videos to actually show me video. I just get a black screen. I can hear sound, so the video is playing. Right now just on a 1080p TV/Monitor not on my home theater, so not sure what the sound quality actually is.

Kodi - doesn't play anything and sometimes sound doesn't work right.
                  Video player (Internal) - hear sound but black screen
                  MX Player - won't run at all, not sure if the cpu is not supported?
                  Plex - videos will not play at all, errors out
                  BubbleUPNP over DLNA - hear sound but black screen

I can't say I really like the interface and it doesn't look like you can change it.

The clock on the front is pretty, but that's about the only good thing I can say right now.

Firmware is the most recent I can find: March 21st 2016.

I'd be very interested to hear what others experience or have experienced.

Thanks.

Update: I did actually get stuff to play through plex. Not sure exactly what changed, but I did do some hard resets earlier. I still cannot p[lay anything that has AC3 audio, which I assumed would be supported on this device. If I force AAC the videos play. Obviously not exactly what I'm looking for in a home theater.

Update 2: So something must have changed with the resets after initial installation. Playstore is working fine now too and I was able to install MX Player. Playing videos with MX player works and seems smooth. I'll have to see if I get high quality audio over the hdmi cable or the fiber optic. Unfortunately, Plex will still not play videos if I tell it to use AC3. Disappointing.

For plex go into settings>advanced>player and tic use external player....then use mxplayer when you play something and hit always...hope this helps....actually might want to test before you hit always....other player may work better.
                  Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

even I am not impressed with the software this device ships with - its pretty sluggish. It seriously needs an update. I saw few people reporting on 4pda about other ROMs which are compatible with this box. Will try them out soon. But only downside that they mentioned is that LED clock wont work. Can someone somehow crack the code and make LED clock work as well with other ported ROMs?

Link for the 4pda forum:

Comment

What wifi chip. I use tronsmart Rom on eny em95

Comment

it's rtl8723

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Comment

does your led clock works with the tronsmart rom?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Comment

No just shows a 3 in the display and I believe ap6220

Comment

Just looked ap6212

Comment

Working...
                              X