Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP NEEDED-USB to RJ45 Android driver for RD9700

HI Linux/Android experts,

I got these files from the driver disks for a usb to rj45 lan adapter. It came with a readme file in chinese. when translated the instruction within seem to imply these file need to be compiled first before use.

Was wondering if any experts here can compile them into a module or something to install into the mk808 original.

I am suspecting this rd9700 is giving low speed because there is no driver installed in the android stick and it defaults to a generic driver with low speed as a result.

For example the asix ax88772 may have a preinstalled driver so it work at high speed without needing to install a driver.

Hope for your help as i have no idea how to go about compiling these

Also a step by step instruction to install the 'driver' will be needed too

Thanks a million in advance
    Attached Files

Hi again all,
    I found a driver(.ko file) for usb to ethernet.
    When i try to insmod it the result is no found
    this is how i did it
    insmod /system/lib/modules/usb_ethernet/qf9700_android.ko

is there something wrong with my commands?

one thing i notice is if on wireless there is a wlan module loaded when checked with lsmod. speed is 3-13mbps
    but if i use the usb to ethernet adapter there is no eth module loaded although there is very slow internet connection speed of 0.5 to 3mbps.

i was trying to load the module but it say cannot find?
    any idea why and how do i do it correctly.

Update
    I moved the file qf9700_android.ko to system/lib/modules/ and the result is
    init_module '/system/lib/modules/qf9700_android.ko' failed (Operation not permitted)

What to do now?
    Last edited by atac5922; 05-30-2013, 09:21.

Comment

Hello,

The Problem is you must be *ROOT*.
      Look in your Post insmod says "Operration not permitted"

Try it like this

Install Terminal Emulator then do:

su
      insmod /system/lib/modules/yourmodul.ko

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
        Hello,

The Problem is you must be *ROOT*.
        Look in your Post insmod says "Operration not permitted"

Try it like this

Install Terminal Emulator then do:

su

Neomode
        Hi Neomode,

Thanks for the help

I have supersu, busybox and terminal emulator installed and granted permissions and using Finless 2.1 in MK808

i get 'Execution format error' when i issued the command

what else could be wrong?

Comment

Re: HELP NEEDED-USB to RJ45 Android driver for RD9700

I've the same problem with my usb2ethernet except i'm on Finless 1.7.

I'm also getting the same message.

Send from my GT-I9300 with Tapatalk

Comment

For people who bought the usb to rj45 adapter with the '9700' chipset it seems this is a usb1.1 speed type of adapter.
            it does work BUT only at 3 to 6Mbps.

No way to install a module into it as there is already a module sr-9700 cooked into the kernel for Finless 2.1 and v4.2.2 stock rom at the moment

Comment

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?5146-HELP-NEEDED-USB-to-RJ45-Android-driver-for-RD9700

I have exactly same issue with T428 connected to rd9700 usb to rj45 adapter. i tested the adapter connected to a desktop & a laptop. each device was able get excellent throughput, 50 to 80 megabytes easily in house. the T428 maxs is about 5 megabytes which prevents me from streaming hd movies as the stutter continiuosly.

I had the same idea of could be driver issue but do not know how to compile file. based in your work it doesnt match matter.

Did you find a work around or adapter that gives higher bandwidth speed?

Thanks Julio

Comment

Originally posted by Juliorm View Post
                I have exactly same issue with T428 connected to rd9700 usb to rj45 adapter. i tested the adapter connected to a desktop & a laptop. each device was able get excellent throughput, 50 to 80 megabytes easily in house. the T428 maxs is about 5 megabytes which prevents me from streaming hd movies as the stutter continiuosly.

I had the same idea of could be driver issue but do not know how to compile file. based in your work it doesnt match matter.

Did you find a work around or adapter that gives higher bandwidth speed?

Thanks Julio
                Yes, this rd9700 give only 3 to 6mbps speed.
                There is another adapter from geekbuying.com with ax88772 chipset that give hi-speed.
                Go there and look for it.
                Must be HI-SPEED not Full-speed adapter

Comment

T428 - USB Ethernet adapter bandwidth low

I'm looking for some help with my T428 TV stick. Overall I'm very satisfied with the T428. I only have one major issue and that is when I connect my usb to ethernet adapter to the T428 it connects but the I can only get between 6 and 8 megabit throughput. That is not sufficient for playing HD videos within my home network. I have a 50 megabit broadband access and their again stream from online sources that also limits to 6 to 8 megabits.

I've tried two different adapters, both claim to be USB 2.0. One Belkin and the other I oem version rd9700. Both get about same results. Geekbuying has recommend ax88772 chipset but I want to make sure it will have high bandwidth or gigabit.

I've downloaded a couple of apps to test speed and it always appears the app looks at the tv stick as a mobile phone limiting its ability to produce higher bandwidth.

Is this a limitation of the T428 hardware or is it just the adapters I've tried? Ethernet config option do not have many options to adjust speed.

I would appreciate help in getting this resolved. Thanks much!
                  Last edited by Juliorm; 07-31-2013, 16:12. Reason: Need help

Comment

Originally posted by Juliorm View Post
                    I'm looking for some help with my T428 TV stick. Overall I'm very satisfied with the T428. I only have one major issue and that is when I connect my usb to ethernet adapter to the T428 it connects but the I can only get between 6 and 8 megabit throughput. That is not sufficient for playing HD videos within my home network. I have a 50 megabit broadband access and their again stream from online sources that also limits to 6 to 8 megabits.

I've tried two different adapters, both claim to be USB 2.0. One Belkin and the other I oem version rd9700. Both get about same results. Geekbuying has recommend ax88772 chipset but I want to make sure it will have high bandwidth or gigabit.

I've downloaded a couple of apps to test speed and it always appears the app looks at the tv stick as a mobile phone limiting its ability to produce higher bandwidth.

Is this a limitation of the T428 hardware or is it just the adapters I've tried? Ethernet config option do not have many options to adjust speed.

I would appreciate help in getting this resolved. Thanks much!
                    AX88772 chipset will give 65 to 95mbps on my 100mbps fibreoptics connection. It depends on the number of user in the connection within my neighbourhood since it is a shared kind of fibreoptics.
                    i too bought the rd9700 from **** and got a refund for it from the seller since it is not HI SPEED as advertised.
                    so go for the geekbuying adapter. and also get a good power supply too 5V 2A or better still 5v 3A, it will solve/prevent other issues cropping up.

Comment

HELP NEEDED-USB to RJ45 Android driver for RD9700

Hi atac5922, Thank you for this information. I've order the high speed usb 2.0 to rj45 adapter as you recommend. I also appreciate the comment on the power supply, as I've seen some fading in and out. I'll purchase power supply as well. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X