MX3 S802 V2.0 openelec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX3 S802 V2.0 openelec?

i got an MX3 S802 V2.0 im told to load the newest s82 openelec but just want to be sure I don't brick it can anyone tell me if this is correct thanks

was hoping someone could help but I never seem to get any help on this site anyway hope this helps someone else so far I tried 2 different openelec versions both bricked my box.I found a YouTube video which helped me get it back to life so I'm guessing there is no openelec for an mx3 v2.0

Comment

What is mxiii v2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
        What is mxiii v2.0?
        if I remember correctly..
        the mxii/s82/s89 PCB 2.0 was a presale/first batch device.. with some issues
        -the aml chip in the first batch..where different then those in 2.1 PCBs

Comment

is it not possible to boot via SDcard/USB ? like the Vitmod2.1 on the s805 ?

Comment

Originally posted by gadget78 View Post
            is it not possible to boot via SDcard/USB ? like the Vitmod2.1 on the s805 ?
            whats that got to do with loading openelec on an MX3 S802 V2.0??

Comment

because loading/booting from sdcard, will pose no "brick threats" !
              so you can trial/test openelec before burning it to flash etc !
              plus giving you the info of openelec VitMod builds, as im sure they work on the 802 as well ....

Comment

Originally posted by gadget78 View Post
                because loading/booting from sdcard, will pose no "brick threats" !
                so you can trial/test openelec before burning it to flash etc !
                plus giving you the info of openelec VitMod builds, as im sure they work on the 802 as well ....
                ahhh ok I never knew that was possible regardless I tried numerous openelec and they all bricked it

Comment

the m8 6.95.1 file from amlinux ru i tried this on an mxIII v2.0
                  it works and the box starts
                  but after a minute or 2 the box went black on the screen
                  the box is not bricked
                  so there is hope that he will gonna work in some update maybe

by the way : i dont know why the screen goes black, someone any idea?

Comment

interesting thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                    X