Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricked Novatech nTab II (Re-Branded Pipo P1 I think)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked Novatech nTab II (Re-Branded Pipo P1 I think)...

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. I recently bought a Novatech nTab II ( http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/t...ov-tab297.html ). The tablet comes rooted but doesn't have the PlayStore etc. So i done some digging and came to the conclusion it was the same Tablet as the Pipo P1. I decided i would try and flash the Riley 1.8 P1 Firmware to the tablet.

Now whether this was a good idea or not, I REALLY made a mess of this. In my ultimate wisdom i accidently downloaded the M1 firmware and flashed that! Don't asked me how i managed it i just obviously was not paying attention and didn't double check everything before committing.

Now, the flash seemed to be successful, however the tablet is now completely dead, i have tried all combinations of key pressing ( Vol + & -, Esc, Reset, Power ) and can't seem to get the device to show back up in the device manager or the flash tool.

I have asked for the original firmware from Novatech but they do not want to seem to release it to me, i am taking it there today for them to attempt to reflash the tablet for me. Failing this and failing get the tablet swapped what options do i have?

Do i have to take it apart and force it into MaskRom mode? What are the possibilities of the P1 Firmware even working on the tablet if Novatech wont release theirs to me?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

PS I done all of this on my Windows 10 PC at work.

Luckily Novatech gave me a new Unit.

For anyone out there like me who found no info on the Novatech nTab II know that you can flash RileyROM 1.8 and know it WILL WORK. Thanks to Riley for ROM, maybe this knowledge will find you well too.
    Last edited by AlexDoran; 01-07-2016, 14:49.

Comment

If the device wasn't showing up in ADB or fastboot and you couldn't get it into bootloader, it sounds like you most likely would have had to go into maskrom mode (barring some unknown secret key combo).

Was there nothing at all showing up in the rockchip android tool 2.x?

I would be VERY happy with novatech for replacing it even after you explained the situation! Many retailers/OEM's/manufacturers are really weird/bad when it comes to warranty replacement for bad flash/root problems. I had a nearly identical thing happen once with an RCA tablet from Walmart. Stupid MTK chipsets with locked bootloaders. I just exchanged it to the walmart as a non-funtional unit (was just a few days after I purchased it). The warranty in the manual did specifically have exclusions about rooting and flashing, though. Once the walmart people heard it won't power on they never second guessed it and didn't bat an eye about exchanging it.

Next time before you flash any ROMs it would be wise to use the rockchip tool to fully dump the stock NAND in case you DO have to resort to maskrom mode! It has saved my ass on more than one occasion! A real, full NAND dump is much better than a nandroid backup or titanium backup because you will have the full bootloader and all partitions if anything ever becomes corrupted. That was the lesson I learned with that RCA tablet. The first thing I did when I got it home was use the MTK utilities to dump EVERYTHING!

Cheers!
      -SB
      ---------------------------------------
      Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
      Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
      RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Working...
      X