Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remix OS 2.0 Firmware For Tronsmart Vega s95 Coming -BETA Available...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remix OS 2.0 Firmware For Tronsmart Vega s95 Coming -BETA Available...

From Tronsmart. Glad to see some OS variety coming to the Vega S95. Also looking forward to OpenELEC.

FOR TESTING ONLY, NOT A FINAL VERSION, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please read announcement at the above link.
    Beta versions are available for the Telos and Meta and Pro. See here for the files

Last edited by RISCy Dude; 01-12-2016, 20:58.

FOR TESTING ONLY, NOT A FINAL VERSION, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

From Tronsmart's announcement.

Is this the finally official release?
    We are sorry,it's not. We still call this beta firmware, We want to hear your voice, and we will keep updating this version.
    So in our testing, the xbmc performance is not as good as stock android, that's the main problem right now. So you are a heavy xbmc user, please be careful to try this.

"Now here we go:

You need a usb male to male cable to update via pc. Follow the instruction here

Please note, you will lose all of the data in android if you flash this firmware, make sure you know everything before you flash.

Ready to enjoy a new android experience!"

Comment

RISCy Dude,

I think this box will be very popular indeed, it's good to know that Tronsmart is earing from all of us, making sure most of all request are being fulfilled

Comment

Hello viggen66, I think your are correct. Couple of small wrinkles, no deal-breakers, will likely be smoothed out.
        It is good to see Tronsmart engaged with their users.
        Good times.

Comment

The only thing I miss the most, for my unit telos with Sata connector, is the shutdown of the hdd as the box turns to standy by, the rest I have nothing to complaint.

Comment

I see Tronsmart has posted this on the matter. I have the Meta, so I cannot confirm.

Comment

Riscy_Dude, thanks I haven't read that post, however there are some google apps that shutdown the system like for instance "Quick Boot" that can do that, but you need Root Acess, well I have tried this method, but as I do it, it says "adb.exe" not found, do you know what I'm doing wrong? Does your system has root acess

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...658#post543658

Comment

Regarding the link in my previous post, using the remote works like they said. Pressing the remote's power button for ~10 seconds does a hard shutdown i.e. LED off, not red or blue. This is also only one of two conditions where the USB ports do not provide 5vdc. That may be significant as the S95 Telos uses a USB-to-SATA bridge.

I have recently rooted the S95 Meta using Finless' EZ root Zip. I just use the remote for shutdown, I have not felt the need for a shut down/reboot app yet.

Comment

Gave the Remix OS beta a try. Pretty cool. I do like the "right-click" features, and the "drag and drop" function. Overall it seems to work well for a Beta. Be great if there was an option to switch between windowed and not windowed. This would be convenient.
                  For the curious, the 10MB bug exists in the Remix OS as well.
                  Installing did seem to break root. So those wanting to unroot might be able to use this as a "dirty" way to do it, until an unroot solution exist.
                  It should also be noted that I did not see the Update and Backup app in Remix, so using the USB Burning Tool will be required to get back to the original Android.
                  I look forward to the Remix OS' evolution.
                  Cheers!
                  Disregard the SuperSU icon, Remix OS is not rooted in the Beta.

Comment

I am not familiar with this OS at all. Is rooting it the same as Android? Seems like it might be?

After installing this did you try to install my EZ root?

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I don't know if it roots the same. It is a 5.1 derivative, so I would think it might. I would have tried your EZ Root Zip, but I did not find the Update and Reboot app in Remix OS. So a different method to apply it might be needed. I am relatively new to AML, so I don't know my way around their flashing methods very well.
                      I'll flash back to Remix tonight. If you want me to try something with it, just let me know.

Comment

Not happy that it's not for the Vega 95 PRO

Comment

Hello tony456, a version for the Pro is coming. From my understanding, it is taking a bit longer to get Remix OS optimized for the 1GB ram. You will be happy eventually, probably pretty soon.
                          I have edited the OP to reflect this.

Comment

Thanks for the great work, buddy .
                            I'm looking forward to receiving the version for the Pro.
                            Cheers

Comment

Hello tony456, Pro version now available, have a look here.
                              Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X