Which MK808 should I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which MK808 should I buy?

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and look forward to being part of the group. I have not had good luck with the hardware I have bought so far on this front. I bought 2 MK808s from geekbuying (Amazon fulfilled) and both looked like pretty shoddy manufacture on the wifi antenna, and neither one worked very well. The inside was very different from the one in Bob's video where he explains how to fix wifi by cutting off the ground. I also bought an MK809ii and was not able to install any of the custom ROMs available. I tried multiple finless (1.6, 1.7), incl the imito 1.5 that other said they have had success with.

My questions are:
    1. If any of you are happy with your MK808, who makes it and where did you buy it? Anywhere to buy this in the states instead of ordering from China?
    2. Any suggestions for another custom ROM for the MK809ii?

I'm using these primarily to play flash videos. If anyone has any suggestions for a good browser for this, that would be great too.

thanks.

I bought my MK808B from geekbuying and I have never had any technical problems with it. I think all versions of the MK808 are on the same quality level, so this Wi-Fi reception thing depends on pure luck.

Comment

Personally, any one of them, but get a wired ether.

Comment

I just got mine today, same from GeekBuying via Amazon.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought I was having wifi problems with this unit but apparently, I need to configure the correct time for some reason (?), go figure. Seems to be working fine thus far.
        Last edited by projectpaki; 06-02-2013, 02:05.

Comment

I will just say this and I know a lot of people may not agree.

The freakin Sunvel clone MK808B..... is the best unit I have! Seriously! Wifi is just good and solid for me.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Link?

Comment

Update anyone?

Its been a few months since this thread was active, but I wanted to know whether anyone has had a chance to compare the various mini pc's with the rk3066 in regards to performance and wifi connections. I have tried various and they seem to be hit and miss on the wifi. Has anyone found a manufacturer that is consistently good? Also in the last three months, has any others come out that surpass the MK808 and clones in that price range? I was looking to buy some in quantity from China but was concerned about quality control. thanks.

Comment

where can we get it

do we have a link to get this from?? or a better buy?

Comment

Originally posted by ccold View Post
                  Its been a few months since this thread was active, but I wanted to know whether anyone has had a chance to compare the various mini pc's with the rk3066 in regards to performance and wifi connections. I have tried various and they seem to be hit and miss on the wifi. Has anyone found a manufacturer that is consistently good? Also in the last three months, has any others come out that surpass the MK808 and clones in that price range? I was looking to buy some in quantity from China but was concerned about quality control. thanks.
                  I got my mk808b from geekbuying, so it shouldn't be a clone. I can only speak for performance of custom firmwares, but I have to agree w/ those who say that having wired Ethernet is worth it. I have had a lot of problems such as finless firmware being unable to connect to wep connection, and on a couple other custom roms i would have the device right next to a router and still have issues (some users have confirmed this about lewy's hfw... So maybe im not the only one). I think the quad core device went on sale for 15 dollars more than the mk808b, it probably isn't still available at that price, but it would probably help to have the extra power.

Comment

Working...
                  X