Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MK808B Plus] How to add Wifi Driver into a rom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MK808B Plus] How to add Wifi Driver into a rom?

Hi, i want to know if is possible to add or change wifi driver into a rom.
    I've installed wetek kk on my device but the wifi module isn't working.
    So i have unzipped the rom and compared with superceleron (kk working) and the only files that i found are in system\ect\wifi
    Wetek rom doesn't have these files:
    AP6212_nvram.txt (my wifi module)
    FW_BCM43438a0.bin
    FW_BCM43438a0_APSTA.bin
    FW_BCM43438a0_p2p.bin

Wetek have this file different:
    nvram.txt

I have replaced nvram.txt and added missed files from Superceleron rom but the wifi isn't still working.
    Any Idea? Should i rename AP6212 driver in AP 6210?
    THANK YOU

I would like to know, too, for ANDROID TV ROM from Leewy for the MK808b+ , based on Cyanogen 12 from Troy ( if I can find again the thread in this messy forum !).

Comment

Originally posted by vn800art View Post
      I would like to know, too, for ANDROID TV ROM from Lewy for the MK808b+ , based on Cyanogen 12 from Troy ( if I can find again the thread in this messy forum !).
      Hi, superceleron wrote to me: files dhd.ko and all the fw folder "etc/wifi/40181" anyway is always kernel depend. So i belive it's not possible without recompile kernel with wifi support.

I didn't check more because superceleron works enough good and i'm patching graphic user interface with a modern one but need more time to test:
      ->mediabox.apk with windows 8.1 gui(fake)+ full language translation+ app section in lollipop experience (if you want to try need to fix layout xml).. Never tested google launcher but is extractable from leewy rom just unzip and in google app zip find leanback.apk)
      ->systemui.apk with lollilop navbar (only a test..i don't like so much)
      ->framework-res.apk with edited string poweroff and suspend (i'm looking if is possible to wakeup from suspend via reset button) (i need to buy a hdmi cable with cec option)
      ->settings.apk added mediaboxsetting.apk link so now i can replace in the launcher the link with direct access to music player
      ->updated integrated app to lollipop look (gallery,music)
      ->testing tabletUI on kitkat 4.4.2 (there is also xposed module)

So as you can read it's not necessary to try to fix wetek rom(amlogic sdk isn't available for normal users). Other things may be optimized but is too long work for an amlogic device of 25$
      Last edited by Kazar; 01-27-2016, 18:47.

Comment

Seen a suggestion I want to test if possible, using Flashify App You can extract Kernel from a ROM and flash this kernel on a different one You have newly installed! Could this work?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Seen a suggestion I want to test if possible, using Flashify App You can extract Kernel from a ROM and flash this kernel on a different one You have newly installed! Could this work?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
          NO WAY to INSTALL a Kitkat kernel to lollipop rom!
          The only compatible roms should be all stock derived.
          Anyway maybe kernel of 4.4.2 kitkat can be insert in cyanogemod 11 by wetek(kitkat 4.4.4).(no hope for lollipop)
          The kernel is in boot.img (contains kernel+ramdisk) and yes you can simply extract from there.
          in my old test i overwrite cm_boot.img with superceleron but the device didn't boot.
          So the last possibility is to overwrite only the kernel..as i wrote now i cant test!
          I'm totally new in android mod,recived mk808b plus in jan 2016) but i'm good at computer
          Add.The main problem of mk808b plus is wifi range but also the cpu throttling..so i have ordered heatsink from china for 2$(banana pi).
          I will tell you if them bring benefits within 30 days(slow delivery).
          Cpu clock range is from 96MHz to 1500MHz.
          modifying the cpu governor or cpu_min value, the temperature will bring to cpu throttling state and the device will bring the clock at a lower one.
          -Add you can install some google tv app also in superceleron rom but not the google tv launcher (leanback is compatible for now only from lollipop version)

--->P.s. i can't stop my curiosity so boot.img patched for cm11..tomorrow i will test if these fix will implement ap6212 wifi driver
          Last edited by Kazar; 01-27-2016, 22:26.

Comment

Good considerations, we lack a single (second one) lollipop Rom! We share the same curiosity ( I also like the 'proof of concept' projects)!!! Regards. Alessandro
            ​Edit.... I also have a set of that heat sinks!

Comment

Ok! Rom cyanogenmod 11 ported to AP6212 devices..wifi is working! But still no bluetooth(also porting bluetooth folder).
              Anyway overall performances are better in superceleron rom.
              Kernel is not needed in cm11 only overwrite dho.ko(superceleron rom has its file in system/ect while cm11 in a subfolder of ect) and wifi folder in system/ect.
              Good tests!
              Last edited by Kazar; 01-28-2016, 18:13.

Comment

Lost this relevant GOOD news, in this terrible forum, Kazar! Congratulations! Would really like to test it in Google TV rom!
                Regards
                Alessandro

Comment

Lost this relevant GOOD news, in this terrible forum, Guest! Congratulations! Would really like to test it in Google TV rom!
                  Regards
                  Alessandro
                  I will take a look at cm12..but i need some time. Lollipop is not good for mk808b plus anyway has a better look

Comment

Yes, no prob. Kazar, for Bluetooth maybe the services are broken, too (obex, etc). Anyway, good tests you made, mate! For people having problems with Finless rom, this should be a real lifesaver!

Comment

Yes, no prob. Kazar, for Bluetooth maybe the services are broken, too (obex, etc). Anyway, good tests you made, mate! For people having problems with Finless rom, this should be a real lifesaver!
                      Superceleron reported, i've only tested. I suppose is possible also to fix bt in cm11 without any problem, i've only to test but for now i'm not playing with my device.
                      -i will take a look also at cm12..because i like google tv launcher . Probably on march
                      There is also a ported finless rom on this forum for ap6212

Comment

Many thanks, Kazar!
                        Alessandro

Comment

Working...
                        X