Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXQ All Black How to add the Suspend or PowerOff Dialogue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ All Black How to add the Suspend or PowerOff Dialogue ?

So on my MXQ (All Black), recent version with 8189 Wi-Fi, when I hit the off button on the remote it just goes into suspend - there is no power off option. However, when I flashed a different Android firmware I noticed that it *did* have a feature which asked whether I wanted to suspend or power-off. The firmware I flashed was from ChinaGadgets dated 20150915. The thing is that this 20150915 firmware does not support the WiFi chip nor the light circuitry (stays on blue all the time with this firmware). The firmware I am using (dated 20151028) *does* support the WiFi and the light *but* does not give me the suspend/power-off dialogue.

Therefore, is there a way to find/take whatever routine handles this dialogue and splice it into my working firmware (either as it is installed or into the flashable version).

Perhaps folks have been down this road before as the power handling of the MXQ is fairly rubbish without any on/off button there is no other way to power down the box than unplugging it.

Thanks.

I don't have your version of the MXQ, but what does a long press(3-10seconds) on the remote's power button do?

Comment

Same as a short press. Suspend/Stand-by. There must be an extra something in the other build that triggers the pop up prompt for suspend/shutdown. Someone that mods builds should know ??

Comment

So this is driving me mad now, I checked and could see that the remote.conf files were different and so I used the one from the image with the suspend/poweroff dialogue on the one without it. This caused the OFF button to simply not function. It is as if the button is linked to some sort of procedure that was there on the "dialogue" image but not there on the "non-dialogue" image. What am I missing to resolve this ?
        Last edited by jed; 01-11-2016, 23:35.

Comment

Originally posted by jed View Post
          So this is driving me mad now, I checked and could see that the remote.conf files were different and so I used the one from the image with the suspend/poweroff dialogue on the one without it. This caused the OFF button to simply not function. It is as if the button is linked to some sort of procedure that was there on the "dialogue" image but not there on the "non-dialogue" image. What am I missing to resolve this ?
          Could you post the firmwares and remote configs?

Comment

Working...
          X