Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help. OTT M8 Box... all I want is a working Kodi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help. OTT M8 Box... all I want is a working Kodi.

Hey all,

I've spent the last ten or so years running xbmc off an old xbox and it's never let me down, apart from shoddy MP4 and MKV support.. I decided to upgrade, and went for the OTT M8 box as it had good reviews. The first week it was a dream, but lately it's just a continual lag.

All I'm after is the ability to watch stuff through Genesis in Kodi without having to drop down to MQ streams, and the ability to read from USB HDD.

I figured it was just a case of upgrading the firmware, but after spending an hour plus online, there seems to be pretty high odds of bricking the box.

So I'm asking for any helpful advice out there... In trying to do my part to be helpful, I've attached a load of pics of the PCB in hope's someone can properly identify it, multiple pics in an attempt to nail as much info on the chips as possible.

Info I can see on the board & chips:
    M8 V8_6 - 20150820
    SKhynix - H27UCG8T2ETR - BC - 438A
    H1102NL - SUR 1530HS
    AP6330 - T30F8002 - 1534

The firmware according to the screen is K200.

Any and all help would be massively appreciated!!

Cheers,
    Mook.

Edit: I should mention I'm using a wired connection, running over Virgin Media... I get good speeds on laptops, tablets, phones and ps3.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 9 photos.

I have a very similar board - under the heatsink is a Amlogic S812, if that helps. From what I have read, a M8S compatible ROM "should" work.

If all you want is a working Kodi, maybe OpenELEC is the ROM for you. Here is the link for the ROMS: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...10-MX2-G18%29=

I know the above worked on an older M8 S802 2GB/8GB box I have. The question is, will it work on a newer S812 2GB/8GB box?

Comment

Working...
    X