Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q7 (XT-Q7-V10) - Blinking LED

First of all,

Great forum with lots of helpful information. So thank you for that.

I have Q7 (XT-Q7-V10) device which was working fine until about couple of months ago. Now when the power cord is connected to the device, there is very faint blinking red LED on both side of the power button (on the board itself). This stays on indefinitely. LEDs are blinking roughly every second.

The unit was bought from geekbuying around 03/14 - Q7 TV BOX RK3188T Bluetooth v4.0 Android 4.2 External Wifi Antenna Ethernet Port with 2.4GHZ wireless -Black
    The device has original stock ROM and was not rooted nor updated with any firmware.

I have opened up the box and see that the board matches the 6th picture in this post http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...s918-and-t-r42

Tried resetting the device by pressing recovery button under the device multiple times and pressing the power button without success
    Tried plugging OTG cable but pc does not recognize it. Tried with Win10, Win7 and WinXP without success
    Tried 3 different power cord with exact same specs without success

At this point, I think device is probably not usable however i'm looking to see if anyone can help root cause the issue.

TIA

I have had the same thing happen on one of my Q7's, unfortunately I tried everything to recover it with no success. I think I am going to have to send it back for warranty replacement.

Normally these RockChip boxes are very resilient. I've owned several Q7's and a few other RockChip models for a couple years now and as I learned I have done all kinds of terrible and stupid things when it comes to flashing ROMs to them and have always been able to recover them using RKAndroidTool or something similar.

I think the faint flashing red LED must mean some kind of hardware failure as it shows up randomly (ie: in the middle of regular usage in my case) and then the box doesn't seem to respond to anything afterwards.

I hope you have better luck than me!
    "The thing with me is that I AM smart and I'm self smarted, basically from nature and smoking drugs and doing different things I've self learned myself. And that's the whole difference I guess is that I don't need the books or the schooling type things. People say books and college are for-to-be to make you smarter, but they can also be for-to-be to make you dead. My brain only uses half the oxygen because it's only part full and that's why I'm alive right now." -- Ricky from Trailer Park Boys

Comment

Yeah, since my posting I've spent additional week trying to find any possible solution but seems like I am out of luck with this device. Oh well, It was good while it lasted and I cant even get it replaced since its out of warranty so off to looking for another one

thanks for your reply and good luck with getting the replacement for your Q7

Comment

have you tried a different power supply..............thats usually the weak link with these boxes.............mine gave way a month after i had it.........took the power supply from my roku and still going 2 years later

Comment

Exactly as veclinux said. I also had a problem with mine Q7. Red all the time, after pushing the button it faintly blinked like 3-5 times and back to constant red. But it only blinked when I tried to power it on. I already order a new one and when it came I tried the new power supply with old box. Voila! It worked like a charm.
          Don't know what happened with the old charger, though. It gives a bit bigger voltage - 5,4v vs 5,2v for the new one, maybe that's the case. Anyone knows how does Q7 react to improper power source parameters?

Comment

Working...
          X