Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M8 bricked whilst trying to enter recovery mode, no blue light, but ethernet flashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 bricked whilst trying to enter recovery mode, no blue light, but ethernet flashes

Hi people,

I tried to put my OTT M8 box into recovery mode yesterday so i could attempt to load openelec or Megatron onto it, problem was when i booted the machine up with the reset button held down, the machine appeared to boot okay, then the screen went blank and the blue light at the front went out, however, the ethernet port still flashes orange and green intermittently.
    I have tried lots of things so far such as putting the stuff on my sd card, then putting the sd card into the box then powering on with reset held down, tried shorting pins 7/8 17/18 and so far i've had no luck at all.
    I'm hoping someone out there can help, here's the pics of the back and front of the board:

Any thoughts?

Comment

have you tried usb burning tool? this might be your only option.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathshadow0 View Post
        have you tried usb burning tool? this might be your only option.

Yup, i managed to get USB burning tool and got my box up and running again BUT i want to put openelec on it and am now trying to figure out how to do it :/

Comment

Hi Shadowhunta,
          I have exactly the box has you, and now it's a M8S.

You can use this firmware for openelec without wifi http://amlinux.ru/image/devel/OpenEL...8S-6.0.0.2.zip
          Simply use the boot card method.

Witch firmware have you restored ?

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomeX View Post
            Hi Shadowhunta,
            I have exactly the box has you, and now it's a M8S.

You can use this firmware for openelec without wifi http://amlinux.ru/image/devel/OpenEL...8S-6.0.0.2.zip
            Simply use the boot card method.

Witch firmware have you restored ?

Regards.

The factory one i was given by the seller, is the bootcard method just the standard toothpick method?

Comment

view the video here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ial#post553667
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowhunta View Post

The factory one i was given by the seller, is the bootcard method just the standard toothpick method?
                Yes but by this way you can go to recovery menu if you put a blank img

Can you upload or give a link for your recovery firmware ?

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                X