Help with my M8 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with my M8 box

Hi guys, newbie here. My dad got me M8 box for days away at uni - its been working but today its been playing up where it reboots itself. I tried googling firmware updates etc and tried one I found on this site, but now the M8 box wont switch on?
    No blue light appears at all
    What do I do? Can some send me instructions to get a unrooted or rooted firmware on to the device? And how I can get it back to life please
    Please help

Thanks
    Jess x

Hello,

What you can do is Flash the Probox 2 EX Image to the Box.
    For this, you need a PC and a Flash Tool.

Let me know if you can do this.

Ray

Comment

Thanxs for your reply Ray.
      I have a PC - whats a flash tool sorry? I have a USB USB cable too - would this work?
      Could you kindly send me instructions please.
      The box is the m8 OTT s802 box.

Comment

if your lucky it will go easy,

download amlogic usb burn tool. http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-v2-0-4-3.html

let us know when you have that installed.

Comment

Thanks. I've got that installed & running.
          It says to load a firmware. Which one is best to use. Ray advised Probox?

Comment

Will be back in my apparent meant at 5. Can someone kindly send full instructions and where to find firmware etc please please so I can try it out when home.
            I've downloaded the USB burn tool thingy.
            Tnxs guys.

Comment

Jessica91 you can view video I made and also download the files, http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ial#post553667

then you will need to flash your box with the correct remote file. you will I posted the files on this forum quick search should bring them up.
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Thnxs JustMe. I will give that a try. Shall I use the mxq s802 file you have there?
                Or better to find the Probox firmware Ray advised?

Will try it once home. Much appreciated for all your assistance.

Comment

I keep getting this error
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

@Jessica if your box is m8 / m8s then you need to use the Amlogic_s802-s812 Image (my bad i had mxq infront now fixed)

1. download the later version of USB Burning Tool
                    2. if you are using usb 3.0 it won't work you need to use USB 2.0
                    Last edited by JustMe; 02-05-2016, 02:41.

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

I don't have USB 3. It's normal USB ports as 5/6 year old laptop.
                      Never mind I'll buy a new one and daddy won't be the wiser
                      Thanks everyone for your help

Jess x

Comment

I would be checking that your world cup driver are installed correctly that came with usb burning tool

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                        X