Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Unbrick :(

Hi,

I just spend several hours trying to unbrick my good old MXIII 1 GB Beelink player. I tryed to do upgrade from android directly (OTA, select file....) but something went wrong and flashing just stopped. Then I turn it off and on again but this time only blue light appears on device itself but nothing on tv screen.
    So I decided to perfom SD card recovery and USB burning tool recovey but without luck. Computer does not wanna detect MXIII (i use different otg cables, different computers) i preses and depressed reset button behind AV slot milion times just nothing. Also I tryed recovery with SD card method, different formats, different firmwares just nothing. Is there anything else I can try to do.

Device is:
    MXIII s802 1gb with realtek wifi
    M82_v2.0
    Netxeon

I use this file for recovery M82_108k4_sdcard.zip (extracted on fat32 formated card). I folowed all to me known instructions but no luck.

So now only blue light glows and TV detects that something is connected on hdmi port, what else I can do ?
    Thank you in advance
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mx3.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	554710

The reset button may not work. Try to manually connect 1 and 3 pins of reset button
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I suspect the problem is that your PC does NOT have the correct USB Drivers installed. And while you are seeing the 'connected' message in the Flash Tool. You are making the false assumption that such Drivers were loaded when they were not.

The trick here is to connect the Power, OTG-USB and use something like a plastic Q-Tip (or something), to press the Reset Switch on the back of the AV Port (i.e. the 3.5mm Jack).

What you want to do is to make sure that the Reset Button is depressed BEFORE you power the Device on. And keep it depressed for upwards of 90+ Seconds. Hopefully sometime with-in that time span, Windows will locate (Likely though Windows Update), the needed Drivers, and alert you to this by going 'ting'. Before you are greeted with a loading / installing driver screen.

Well that's what what worked for me the first time I bricked my MXIII. Thankfully once you have the correct Diver(s) loaded into memory. You can just proceed like you've been doing. Otherwise you have to give Windows to load up the Drivers.

Just one other note, since I forgot to mention this above. Assuming you are on Windows 7 you need to pay attention to the installer, since it runs in twoo parts. One being the Flasher, the other being the USB Drivers. --It would be worth stressing that this installation DOES NOT mean (or make such), Drivers trully installed, until you have had the opportunity to actually load these into memory.

For those with Windows 8.X or 10... The first bit of advice here would be to figure out how to install such Unsigned Drivers first. As I have never had a care for either OS, I really wouldn't have a clue to share with you on that. My best advice to those would be to ask Google, or by that proxy... YouTube.

Comment

Working...
      X