X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name that board!

Hi guys.

Can anyone tell me what board this is?

Was advertised as MXiii s802 2G8G.. Flashed an S82 version of openelec on it which promptly bricked it.

USB tool gets to 2% and fails.

Can boot into recovery using an SD partitioned with an M8 u-boot file!

Managed to get it back to Android once using latest K200c firmware.

Then quickly bricked it again trying a different version of openelec!

Now when I try to install k200c firmware from recovery, it hangs for a second and goes back to menu. Then boots with openelec logo and crashes?!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

Yes I have had dealings with these boxes and many others. I can say that these are the worst boxes I have ever had. Would rather have a 1gb 2xCPU snail than a pile of black bricks..... wait, in fact I would take a big kick in the nuts if it would get me back the time I have wasted troubleshooting. They seem to have some power sensitivity whereby USB power drain (and I mean just a mouse dongle not an hdd) causes the nand to corrupt. Symptons such as random pixels appearing at boot, corrupt boot animation etc. even if anything in the boot process appears undamaged, it is a matter of time before the thing becomes unstable and crashes resulting in rolling the dice again. Only solution to boot into recovery and wipe until it happens again.
    Same problem in 7 out of 14 boxes I had! For what it's worth, I found a newer firmware link.

If you can setup preinstall.sh to restore apps and data to minimise the agony of setting the whole thing up and edit the buld.prop for default locale settings/keyboard, you can have something that will repair itself.
    As far as backup was concerned, I couldn't get any twrp working so has to back up my system using remote shell

Comment

I think I have an exactly same board as yours OP. Can you please post the uboot you used? Also, did you manage to fix the boot partition?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X