Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricked MXQ, Different board from every image/thread I can find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked MXQ, Different board from every image/thread I can find.

Hi guys. Long story short: same shit, different board.

I bought an MXQ from Amazon (Canada)

I was having WiFi issues, lag etc. and decided to flash the firmware. As you can probably guess it was not the correct FW for my specific board (wow, there is a lot of boards for this device) so I bricked it and am now stuck at red light only.

Not able to enter recovery mode or get any response from unit other than a constant red light when powered up.

Windows/burning tool will not recognize the device. It's worth mentioning that I only have a mac so I am running WinXP Pro SP3 in a VM in order to use the program but that shouldn't cause any issues because it is configured to automatically pass any usb devices directly to the virtual machine when it has focus (tested with countless other USB devices with no issues). I have 2 versions of Amlogic USB_Burning tool installed, 2.0.2 & 2.0.4.3

I've tried every combination of holding the reset button/powering the device/connecting to OTG usb port possible several times with no success. From what I've read I've come to the conclusion that it is going to be necessary for me to short pins on my board in order to get Windows to recognize the device. The problem that I'm having is that I do not know which pins to short and I have not been able to find a single image or version number that matches the specific board in my box.

Here is some info I can provide about this board:

IMG: http://i.imgur.com/6i3q0PP.jpg

Model: MXQ-S805_D08
    Ver: 1.0
    Date: 151221

nand
    SKhynix
    H27UCG8T2ETR

Any info or tips you can provide to get this box unbricked would be greatly appreciated. I have a rom that I believe will work for me to get back into recovery mode but if you have one you know will work for this device please let me know!

Thanks for the read
    -Paul

Hi. I have TV box like yours. And I have such a problem as you. You have the firmware for the TV box? I taste many firmwares, but they do not fit. If you connect the TVbox
    to a computer does not need to press and short-circuit.
    If you find a solution to write to me

Comment

answer me please
      you have the firmware for the TV box?

Comment

Hey Pwags,

Sounds like you need the drivers to detect the M8-Chip USB on older windows. I had the same issue (Windows 7), you can find it here:

Download libusb-win32 for free. libusb-win32 is a port of libusb-0.1 under Windows. libusb-win32 is a port of the USB library libusb-0.1 (http://sf.net/projects/libusb/) to 32/64bit Windows. The library allows user space applications to access many USB device on Windows.

Essentially follow ''Device Driver Installation'''

It directs you to download the zip from here...

-Unzip file
        -run the INF-Wizard and follow the instructions.

Unfortunately I am now facing a
        [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error
        when I try and run my image in the Burning_Tool. It could be the USB 3.0 cable I am using (im told you need USB 2.0)

Let me know how it goes for you. If successful please direct me to the image you found.

Comment

https://yadi.sk/d/I18QSIfDpb5SS try to flash the firmware for PC, and see how much RAM?

Comment

hello i have the exact same board, ruban111's above firmware d/l link unbricked my device from red led light and no recovery via toothpick. i used usb burning tool 2.0.5 also i needed to use rickersroy's d/l link of the libusb-win32. note first attempt via usb 2.0 cable failed but was successful when i tried another usb port. thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by crueldevice View Post
              hello i have the exact same board, ruban111's above firmware d/l link unbricked my device from red led light and no recovery via toothpick. i used usb burning tool 2.0.5 also i needed to use rickersroy's d/l link of the libusb-win32. note first attempt via usb 2.0 cable failed but was successful when i tried another usb port. thank you very much.
              I get this when i try it. [0x30201004]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error result

Comment

This is only working Rom for Model: MXQ-S805_D08
                of my friend from china

Comment

Anyone know what version, if any, twrp works with this box?I've tried several.

Comment

The link from Neoxpl worked for me. I had to uninstall my current version of Usb Burning Tool.
                    I was able to unbrick this device. It even had a redlight instead of blue.

Thanks for the link Neoxpl, and thanks for all the help on these forums. I created an account today just to say thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Neoxpl View Post
                      This is only working Rom for Model: MXQ-S805_D08
                      of my friend from china
                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...GRvekNBRjBTU3c

Finally tried out this IMG,and I used the included USB tools but it errors out at 1%.I also put the license file in the program folder per instructions,the doc says its for mxq pro s905.

Comment

Originally posted by Autotech40 View Post

Finally tried out this IMG,and I used the included USB tools but it errors out at 1%.I also put the license file in the program folder per instructions,the doc says its for mxq pro s905.
                        Hi.. you use usb burning tool on package?? On my board works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Neoxpl View Post

Hi.. you use usb burning tool on package?? On my board works great.
                          Yeah, I used included tools weird, board is mxq-s805_d08 version 1. The only IMG I could recover unit with was a cyx-8189etv image I found here,its a solid ROM,but its supposed to be for the m201_d boards. Idk

Comment

Originally posted by Autotech40 View Post

Yeah, I used included tools weird, board is mxq-s805_d08 version 1. The only IMG I could recover unit with was a cyx-8189etv image I found here,its a solid ROM,but its supposed to be for the m201_d boards. Idk
                            You board Date: 151221?? If so this Rom must work, unless you board is different.. this is my board http://images75.fotosik.pl/837/fc8b3a32e6da9e08med.jpg

Comment

[QUOTE=Neoxpl;n592201]

You board Date: 151221?? If so this Rom must work, unless you board is different.. this is my board http://images75.fotosik.pl/837/fc8b3a32e6da9e08med.jpg[/QUOTE

Yeah that's the same one,my date code was DEC. 2015. Maybe I did something wrong in USB burning tools. I was confused by the license file in the download,but I put it where the text said to. The error I got was some thing about keys,I'll try again and post the exact error.

Comment

Working...
                              X