X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original M8S?

Hi guys,

recently I have ordered the M8S. Seller advertised it as the original. It works just fine, but I'm not sure if this is original or not (or if it's S812 at all). It has only 1.5GB of RAM, and it's pufangda_S812. Specs are on this link
    http://specdevice.com/showspec.php?i...9-aa620033c587, and I have added some screens here.
    Note: When turned off using remote control, the red LED on the box (triangle shape) is on.

Can anyone confirm that this is a clone?

Regards,
    Ivan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ivanvi; 02-22-2016, 15:08.

take a picture of the mainboard

Comment

Hi piperider,

thanks for the answer. So, the only way is to open it. I didn't have a plan to do that or to flash it, as long as it works correctly. I thought that it can be done by only using reports (and maybe the fact that it has only 1.5GB of RAM). If I decide to open it, I will upload pictures here.

The only bug I found is that picture freezes sometimes when I try to seek video to some time, and audio continues (Kodi 15.2). After moving another 10sec back or forth, it works fine, so I can live with that.

Regards,
      Ivan

Comment

Update your Kodi. Load the newest version right on top of your existing Kodi, so you don't lose all your customizations. The newer Kodi will probably cure your picture freeze, as long as it's not being caused by data delay through the 'net.

Comment

Thanks for advice. I have already updated Kodi to version 16, but the issue is still present on this M8S box. I have Kodi 15.2 on laptop under Linux Mint and Kodi 16 on my tablet, and they both work fine, there's no picture freezing. This is why I believe that it's maybe firmware issue rather than software.

Comment

As I can see from the pictures you have M8, not M8S. If playing x265 encoded videos in 4k will be no problem, then you have M8S (M8 doesn't have x265 hardware video decoding feature).

Comment

Hi redliquid, I tried to play many different video samples including H.265 format in 4k, and it played great (my TV is only 1080p, so it wasn't shown in 4k, but it played anyway). So, that's the good news, it seems like it's S812 and if it's a clone, it's a good one I also asked the seller about "pufangda" and why it's not real M8S, and he replied that hardware is original, and only software/firmware is different (whatever..).
              It seems like it contains 2 GB of RAM, but one part (355 MB) can not be used by user apps because it's reserved for the graphics chip. And it definitely doesn't have 8 GB of internal storage.

RAM: 1637 MB

System RAM: 64.000MB
              System RAM: 16.000MB
              Video RAM: 355.000MB
              System RAM: 1557.000MB

Flash: 6.727 GB Build-in; 0.612 GB

logo: 0.031 GB
              boot: 0.031 GB
              system: 1.000 GB
              cache: 0.500 GB
              zram0: 0.488 GB
              data: 5.227 GB