Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onda M3 Intel Celeron G1840 Combo PC 4GB 120GB WIFI Gigabit LAN Bluetooth4.0 SATA HDMI VGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onda M3 Intel Celeron G1840 Combo PC 4GB 120GB WIFI Gigabit LAN Bluetooth4.0 SATA HDMI VGA

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_14237.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	557642

A DIY mini PC, Onda M3 allows you to install any software at will, hence you are able to design your own special PC.
    It also can be applied to office software to create a mobile working environment.
    Alloy Gold brushed body,

Intel Celeron G1840 Dual Core GPU
    4GB DD3 + 120GB MSTATSSD 3.0
    10/100M/1000M LAN

Name:	image_14993.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	557643

Name:	rear2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	557645

Attached Files
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

When I first saw this I was ready to dismiss it because of the old G1840 Celeron used but looking more at it's actual performance, it's a pretty capable CPU.

This seems to be the fully loaded model that ir around $260 but you can also get a bare bones stripped down version that allows you to add your own CPU, as well as the other things that you would expect from a bare bones system.

There is no 4k output option with this as far as I can see, even at 30fps

I would like to have seen a DP instead of VGA so that resolutions of up to 2560x1600@60Hz could be achieved.

Good to see Gigabit lan, although the spec on WiFi seems sketchy, so no idea whether it supports dual band or AC.

Likely to be a better candidate for general PC use and even some more than just light gaming as well as a HD media centre, although HEVC might be a struggle as it will be decoded in software only from what I understand.

The G1840 seems to use a mimimum of 26 watts at idle, so can't see how a 5v/2a AC adapter is going to be nearly enough.

The concept of stripping back the barebones for these boxes another level with the ability to choose your CPU too in a nice idea but with the particular specs against the price point, I'm not sure that this particular product will get off the ground.

Power wise the G1840 doesn't seem to offer much more than the J1900, for which current NUC based boxes are far cheaper.

A review or two will give a clearer picture on just how good this will be.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
    X