Reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliability

It seems to me that all these Chinese tvbox are not reliable, but only the Intel NUC (or well known brands) am I wrong?

Yes.

Comment

Perhaps a more articulated answer would be good....

Comment

Originally posted by quizface View Post
        It seems to me that all these Chinese tvbox are not reliable, but only the Intel NUC (or well known brands) am I wrong?
        Has your experience been.. So horrible in the past? (I ask too you both)
        What are you looking for.. quizface? (Mini/micro/stick/pico PC? )

Comment

Sorry, I was simply saying that the assumption that all Chinese boxes are unreliable, is not correct. Assuming reliability was addressing whether a product continues to function after a substantial period of time.

Comment

mitchell4you My experience has been positive overall from cheapo to about $130. I assume NUCs are superior in most regards. Costing significantly more, they should be. But I have very much enjoyed my Chinese devices running Android and Ubuntu. Keeping expectations realistic is a significant factor in my satisfaction.

Comment

Reading vary tread here on the forum Intel based TV players, I noticed that the support for the chinese Intel based TV players is practically absent, and often, the BIOS (firmware) are immature and full of bugs, not to mention the drivers often unavailable after updates. The only one discordant is perhaps the MINIX NGC-1 (399.90 US$), but with 120$ less we can buy a NUC n3700 (5PPYH) with 8 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD , much better hardware and support.
              I am looking for a mini PC that's also a HTPC an a Skype video conference

Comment

Hmm.. I have a minipc from maxsun.. running since 2010?
                I have a Fam member how has a zotac (2012)

If seek cheap devices... try looking for thinclients (with Sata connector)
                Like from HP.. on **** or auction sites

Comment

Not at all.
                  The Main Problem is the Firmware. That where the Problem and is it still.
                  Yes there are cheap nock off Sellers.
                  But look we have also some good Brands.
                  Ugoos Zidoo as example.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                  X