Vega s95 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vega s95 problems

I have a couple of problems, I'm a long time user of S802/S812 devices, but decided to see what this box was like.
    Problem 1 - Sometimes, the picture flickers purple or dashes (When watch tv or just of home screen, like digital distortion)
    Problem 2 - The mele f10 pro home button does not work?

I am running the finless rom for meta, I've installed soundabout, and I've install Kodi Jarvis. And that is it.
    Same HDMI works fine with MXIII and PS4 etc.
    Remote works great with MXIII.
    The flicker is the more serious problem, but seems to be happening more when the box is working hard?
    Could it be over heating?

I guess when I get a chance I will run antutu and see what happens.
    Is this a known problem?

Thanks

Hello, Try a different cable. Try a different input on your TV.

How high do the temps get on the box?

Comment

Cable is fine, boxis not doing it often. It is not getting too hot and antutu running didn't cause the issue.

Not sure what the problem is tbh.

Comment

CPU temp is 138 according to an app... Sounds very hot to me....

Comment

Hi
          Purple Flash maybe to do with certain models of TV's and how they handle HDMI 2 and the signal that is presented to the TV.
          Not sure what App your using for temp monitoring https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yanyan.cputemp shows a small temp on screen you may be able to see if the temp is high when the flash happens.
          Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

When this happens, switch your TV's input(electronically, not physically) to another input and switch it back to the box, does the problem go away? I have seen this behavior occasionally and from a different box. I use an AVR, when this happens, I select a different input on the AVR and then switch it right back to the box and the picture is clear. As Trebor said, some older equipment freaks out sometimes. I never saw the problem when plugged straight to a 1080p PC monitor.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X