Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't ROOT MXQ m201c?

Hi Everyone

I bought an MXQ Box a few months ago and have been trying to root it. I have tried several Root Apps which claim to root devices without a computer but none have worked. I have also tried a couple of computer based root programmes, the problem is that the computer doesn't recognize the box when plugged into the USB port.

Does anyone have Windows USB drivers for this board or know where I can find them?

Does anyone have a a rooted ROM that I could install from the SD card or from USB? I tried one from these forums but discovered it worked only on m201 board, not on m201c

Details of my box are:
    BUILD PROPERTIES
    BOARD: m201C
    BRAND: MBX
    CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
    CPU ABI2: armeabi
    DISPLAY: KOT49H.20151026 test-keys
    FINGERPRINT: MBX/m201C/m201C:4.4.2/KOT49H/20151026:user/test-keys
    HARDWARE: amlogic
    ID: KOT49H
    PRODUCT: m201C
    SERIAL: 12345678900
    TIME: 1445830142000
    TYPE: user

vpres Newbie
    Posts: 2 Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:43 pm Has thanked: 1 time Been thanked: 0 time

Pretty sure they're already rooted... mine is anyways... it's a little later version though.

You can use USB burn tool to talk to the box with these directions. http://mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182

If you're running windows 8-10, then I'm sure you'll need drivers that USB burn tool will lead you to.

Comment

I have the same box. Mxq-s805_d08 version 1 it says on the board CPUz says model m201c. I'm looking for working firmware for it. Mine was rooted when I got it. It Boot looped, and I recovered it with an image from China gadgets but only 2 cores are working now and no remote.

Comment

Working...
      X