No announcement yet.

PMID705 (NOT x), No camera funtionality after elektrik's PMID705X.img upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID705 (NOT x), No camera funtionality after elektrik's PMID705X.img upgrade

Hi all, Awesome site, stumbled across the site by accident. After reading several posts here on the PMID series tablets, I took the dive and upgraded my PMID705 from ICS to JB via elektrik's custom .img... Everything works much better then the stock OS setup with the exception of the camera which is not even recognized now. The default camera app crashes to an error message "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." and Skype just acts as if the camera works even though it does not. I am sure this is just a matter of doing some terminal magic, but I am at a loss as to what as I am primarily a Windows fool, but I have dabbled into many Linux Distros, so I am NOT afraid to push things around to get it working.... Could somebody please point me into the right direction if not just spell it all out? Thanks in advance and Elektrik, Thanks for the improved build!!

well silly, the camera doesn't work on your tab because u flashed the 705x ROM. I haven't made one for the 705. those of us who have been around for a while know that Polaroid is *notorious* for model inconsistencies, even within the same model number. kinda surprised it flashed-it sounds like Polaroid only changed a few things from the 705 to the x version.
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

i am actually working on a JB 4.2.2 rom for the PMID705 , but i am not a developer, i currently have the rom booting on my 705, it has working touchscreen,gsensor, wifi, hardware acceleration, root, playstore. (no camera yet) i forgot to check which driver it was using before i flashed off of the stock rom, and with the progress i have made so far i don't want to risk having to start over until i make a livesuit img of this rom first. And i havent learned how to do that yet (i teach myself for most part LOL). Currently i am getting around 3500 antutu scores , but i am not sure how that compares to the stock rom although i do know that the JB firmware released by polaroid is garbage,(it is 4.1.1 , not rooted, and SLOW).

If anyone could help, give me some performance pointers or anything , please let me know.

Again i am not a developer, just a guy that likes to learn new things and wanted a nice JB rom for our devices, also i could possibly make this rom for other polaroid tabs if i had an lsmod from the device and someone brave enough to test for me.

Comment

Ok, well.... I will re flash to the newest JB img from southerntelecom.com and then if you tell me how to locate the correct drivers on the fresh install I will do my best to post it or atleast the file name for someone else to move things forward. This is my wifes tablet so I cannot hold it hostage forever. maybe 1-2 week max, lol. Reflashing now! Thanks for the fasy reply Elektrik & You too JP

Comment

Ok, fresh install of PMID705_Firmware_4.1JBv1_OTA.img complete... Camera functional again.

Comment

this is just a personal preference but i would hold off on the jb firmware from the southern telcoms site as it is not rooted and (at least in my case) painfully slow, i would suggest the ICS version at least for now. But if u do flash it please let me know how it runs for you as i am curious if maybe it was just me.one

And also elektrik (or anyone lol) if you can please help me any or give me any advice on my rom please msg me or reply , Thanks in advance.

( you beat me to it lol, how does it run for you , slower than ics? , could you download Antutu benchmark and post the score ?)

i know there are "better" benchmark apps out there , its just the one i was using.

Comment

from a fresh install of the "PMID705_Firmware_4.1JBv1_OTA.img" no other apps installed and after a reboot right to Antutu, this is the scores: Total 3440, cpu: 740, gpu: 1800, ram:460, I/o: 464... CPU running @ 1008Mhz [480x764] and btw, the Antutu vs. was 3.3.. additionally I thought I might mention the parameters it lists: Model: PMID705 (obviously), device: nuclear-a705Polaroid, brand: softwinners, resolution:800x444, GPU Vendor: ARM, GPU Renderer: Mali-400 MP, cpuinfo: ARMv7 Processor (VFPv3, NEON).....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0909.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	430260lsmod details for stock img, hope this helps, if you need more info, tell me the command(s) you want entered

Comment

looks ike my results were similar for 4.2.2 I benched 3411 on first run CPU: 785 , GPU: 1687 , RAM: 437 , I/O: 502 but that's with no tweaks as I am not sure exactly what to do that speeds these things up, if anyone can help with that please let me know. (I have init.d working but nothing in it lol) Thanks for the lsmod, I now have working camera also. I have to go to work but I will work on this when I get home, might have a "alpha"(testing) version late tonight....

Comment

Not sure what good it will do you, but here is the info I could locate on all the drivers listed in lsmod...8192cu: Single-Chip IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2T2R WLAN Controller with USB 2.0 Interface (Realtek)
                    rtl8150: Single-Chip USB to Fast Ethernet Controller with MII Interface (Realtek)
                    mcs7830: USB 2.0 to 10/100M Fast Ethernet Controller (ASIX Electronics)
                    qf9700: USB2.0 To Fast Ethernet Adapter (Corechip Semiconductor, Inc.)
                    asix: ???
                    mma7660: MMA7660 3-Axis Orientation/Motion Detection Module
                    cedarx: CedarX is Allwinner's multimedia co-processing technology for hardware accelerated video and image decoding
                    mali: GPU device driver stack
                    ump: Open Source Mali-200/300/400/450 GPU Kernel Device Drivers
                    gt811_ts_7neiqian: Touchscreen (Goodix Ltd.)
                    sun5i_csi0: Graphics & Video driver?
                    sp0838: 1/8 inch, 0.3 mega pixel color image sensor chip (SuperPix Micro Technology Co., Ltd.)
                    videobuf_dma_contig: This is a v4l2 driver for the i.MX3x Camera Sensor Interface.. SuperH Mobile CEU Interface...

Comment

Here are the Antutu scores & lsmod for Elektrik's build, Running on the Polaroid705 (aka Polaroid a705), nothing but Antutu & Terminal Emulator installed and ran after a reboot...

Name:	IMAG0913.jpg
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	430261Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0911.jpg
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	430262Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0912.jpg
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	430263Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0914.jpg
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	430264

Comment

Another quik post so all the data is side by side (for the most part), here is the info for the stock PMID705 Jellybean 4.1.1 img from southerntelecom

Name:	IMAG0919.jpg
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	430265Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0918.jpg
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	430266Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0916.jpg
Size:	191.8 KB