OTT MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230 rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warth7 View Post
    I have Tried almost every file on google and this forum and nothing helps on this stubborn MXQ box.
    Another thing to try, head over to the OpenELEC thread and download an sd version of the firmware. You can safely run off sd card without flashing over android as it is flashed on the nand and openelec can run without having to flash nand. If you are able to get your device to boot off sd to openelec then you will know if it is still bootable.

Link to downloads: http://s805.eu/releases/6.0.3.1/SD/. I used the HD18Q build and successfully booted openelec on my device. Try this one first would be my suggestion.
    Link to forum: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mk808b-and-mxq

Again, I realize it's not android but It is another option to see if your device will boot. You may have to try a few different versions before you find one that does boot. If you have a windows pc, Google win32diskimager and use that to burn the image file to an sd card (use 7zip to unpack the .xz downloaded file). Otherwise follow instructions in the wiki link for creating bootable sd for openelec.
    All Black MXQ
    Working OpenELEC -
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD
    Working Android img - cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
    Board Number: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi_man82 View Post

Another thing to try, head over to the OpenELEC thread and download an sd version of the firmware. You can safely run off sd card without flashing over android as it is flashed on the nand and openelec can run without having to flash nand. If you are able to get your device to boot off sd to openelec then you will know if it is still bootable.

Link to downloads: http://s805.eu/releases/6.0.3.1/SD/. I used the HD18Q build and successfully booted openelec on my device. Try this one first would be my suggestion.
      Link to forum: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mk808b-and-mxq

Again, I realize it's not android but It is another option to see if your device will boot. You may have to try a few different versions before you find one that does boot. If you have a windows pc, Google win32diskimager and use that to burn the image file to an sd card (use 7zip to unpack the .xz downloaded file). Otherwise follow instructions in the wiki link for creating bootable sd for openelec.
      Do i Install 6.0.3.1.img on the SD card with the cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
      Board Number: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230 or do i just put the img. 6.0.3.1 openelec on SD card im confused here becasue if its just the openelec img. on SD it dont work......

Comment

I Installed the Openelec 6.0.31 on SD nothing happens just black screen like always...

Comment

ok i found some files and put on SD card. when i put the SD card in it says Upgrading like its loading... After a minute it gose to MXQ logo like its supposed to when it starts up. dose that mean its still upgrading from the img file off the SD card. will it take a long time should i just wait and see or is it stuck again.

Comment

ok i found some files and put on SD card. when i put the SD card in it says Upgrading like its loading... After a minute it gose to MXQ logo like its supposed to when it starts up. dose that mean its still upgrading from the img file off the SD card. will it take a long time should i just wait and see or is it stuck again.
            Just to confirm a few things, your board is MXQ-S805 v3_1? Kostaman said that to get oe to run you first needed to have android running successfully on you box. If you have got android booting up and running on your box you should be able to find a version of oe that will run. If it is a MXQ-S805 v3_1 like mine then oe 6.0.3.1 sd build is what I have running on my box so I guess it should run on yours. To get the sd card version to work, you need to use win32diskimager to write the oe image onto the sd card (if using a win10 pc). I can't be too much more than this as I'm new to using these boxes myself and am still learning them myself
            All Black MXQ
            Working OpenELEC -
            OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD

Comment

ok i got it wrote on the sd card with win32diskimager do i just put it in the box and let it run or do i add anymore files like a rom and how do i do that.

Comment

ok i had it come up and say openelc rebooting in 15s now black screen.

Comment

ok i had it come up and say openelc rebooting in 15s now black screen.
                  For me personally I just burnt the oe img to sd, but that in my box and restarted it with toothpick method. Screen came up saying oe then rebooted and did some stuff then loaded up oe. No more than a few minutes for it to load after toothpick restart. Sounds like you are doing it right so I'm unsure why it's not working
                  All Black MXQ
                  Working OpenELEC -

Comment

Just to confirm a few things, your board is MXQ-S805 v3_1? Kostaman said that to get oe to run you first needed to have android running successfully on you box. If you have got android booting up and running on your box you should be able to find a version of oe that will run. If it is a MXQ-S805 v3_1 like mine then oe 6.0.3.1 sd build is what I have running on my box so I guess it should run on yours. To get the sd card version to work, you need to use win32diskimager to write the oe image onto the sd card (if using a win10 pc). I can't be too much more than this as I'm new to using these boxes myself and am still learning them myself
                    I've Got Kodi up and running but my remote dose not work how do i fix that thanks.

Comment

I've Got Kodi up and running but my remote dose not work how do i fix that thanks.
                      Head back over to the oe thread. Plenty of info there about how to get remote to work again. I use usb kb and mouse so I haven't checked my remote functions yet. Sounds like you are making great progress thou 👍
                      All Black MXQ
                      Working OpenELEC -

Comment

Head back over to the oe thread. Plenty of info there about how to get remote to work again. I use usb kb and mouse so I haven't checked my remote functions yet. Sounds like you are making great progress thou 👍
                        well i did have kodi up and running, do i have to do reset everytime i restart

Comment

well i did have kodi up and running, do i have to do reset everytime i restart
                          I don't belive so, I think oe keeps your settings on each reboot and to boot back into android power off your device and take out the sd card then power on, it should boot back to android. Otherwise each reboot while the sd card is in will boot oe
                          All Black MXQ
                          Working OpenELEC -

Comment

I don't belive so, I think oe keeps your settings on each reboot and to boot back into android power off your device and take out the sd card then power on, it should boot back to android. Otherwise each reboot while the sd card is in will boot oe
                            is there a way i can use sd card and put it in the same exact box and get the image files off of that one and use it on the same exact box.

Comment

is there a way i can use sd card and put it in the same exact box and get the image files off of that one and use it on the same exact box.
                              Not that I know of. I doubt it will be possible at all to be honest but don't know for sure

Edit : Actually you might be able to, but you will first have to flash twrp to both boxes and backup the system on the working one and restore it to the non working one. Check out this thread as some people are discussing how to do this here

A lot to read though but I'm sure it's there. Otherwise ask over on that thread how to do it as they are a lot more knowledgeable than I am 😄
                              Last edited by kiwi_man82; 04-11-2016, 01:09.
                              All Black MXQ
                              Working OpenELEC -

Comment

How to pull your own Stock Android Firmware off of your device with TWRP recovery and a couple little tricks click show more to see all the links needed belo...

Comment

Working...
                                X