- First arm64 build for RK3368 devices
    - LXDE desktop environment
    - Minimal and lightweight

Code:
    username: user
    password: user

username: root
    password: root
    NOTE: This should work on other RK3368 devices, I have included the network drivers for AP6330, AP6335 and AP6354.

Download
    UPDATE IMG: lubuntu-aarch64.zip
    EXT4 IMG: rootfs-lubuntu-aarch64.zip

Here is how enable the Wifi and other Stuff:

virtual keyboard: CODE: SELECT ALL apt-get install onboard
    Once installed, onboard will be available from the lubuntu start menu > Universal Access > Onboard, you can also open the program from the console, just type onboard and it will popup on your screen.

wifi & bluetooth: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=174 CODE: SELECT ALL git clone https://github.com/geekboxzone/ubuntu_hwpacks.git archives/hwpacks
    7. Add hardware packages
    CODE: SELECT ALL
    $ sudo cp -a archives/hwpacks/system/ rootfs/

8. Add Wifi & Bluetooth support
    CODE: SELECT ALL
    $ sudo cp archives/hwpacks/wifibt/wifion rootfs/usr/local/bin/
    $ sudo cp archives/hwpacks/wifibt/wifioff rootfs/usr/local/bin/
    $ sudo cp archives/hwpacks/wifibt/wifi.conf rootfs/etc/init
    $ sudo cp archives/hwpacks/wifibt/bluetooth.conf rootfs/etc/init
    $ sudo cp archives/hwpacks/wifibt/bluetooth-ap6354.conf rootfs/etc/init
    Pls remove the "rootfs" or copy the files manually into the live system on geekbox.

Last edited by neomode; 03-14-2016, 17:34.

This Tv Box, no is computer, you firmware need wifi, virtual keyboard and bluetooth is very import. Sorry you work is no complete

Comment

I have not tested Mathews Lubuntu distro, but axionflow I have a question for you: what do you think is AP6330, etc.?

JD

Comment

AP6330, is not the best, but it depends on the firmware to take you as the programmer has worked.
        Ionix has done a good job and wasser, it's not perfect but responds much better than the factory firmware.

Lubuntu 64 may be good, but I understand that is not a completed job is rather to developers is very good,

Comment

Hello axionflow,

Why are you acting in this wording?
          He release a 64 Bit Version of Lubunt and it works I test on my MK68 Box.
          Yes i can Confirm Wifi not Work. This is not a big issue. Only changing resource Image and it Works.

Mathews

Good Work from you, thank you.
          It is Working like a charm on my MK68.
          Only thing Wifi not Working. It is not your fault is the resource Image.
          Please go on with this good Work!

Neomode

Comment

Very good i now have device i test too 😃 Please continue work very promising.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thank you for this work. In my opinion, this software is incompleted, but no wifi and virtual keyboard . I no have keyboard, but my keyboard is bluethoo. Iam pay very expensive for my keyboard, only the solucion is trash. Sorry, any person offend, Thank you for wifi solution, is possible publish other rom with virtual keyboard, but bluethoo maybe no working . This very exited new rom with other flavor.. Again Thank You

Comment

Thank you Mathews, he publish in geekbox.tv step by step how obtain wifi, keyboard, bluethoo.

Comment

I see two files do i flash both and can i switch out resource file to flash mk68
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Ubuntu MATE 16.04 (aarch64) 120316

Download
                    ubuntu-16.04_aarch64.zip. Thank you , gmathews

Comment

Hi, I tested your great ubuntu image on my Artway X6 - 1G RAM - 8G ROM, seems really nice, but no network. Any idea how to extract kernel drivers for wifi and/or ethernet from my original rom's image please ?

Comment

Originally posted by .m. View Post
                        Hi, I tested your great ubuntu image on my Artway X6 - 1G RAM - 8G ROM, seems really nice, but no network. Any idea how to extract kernel drivers for wifi and/or ethernet from my original rom's image please ?
                        You need to build a whole new Linux kernel with your wifi/bluetooth drivers as the geekbox uses completely different wifi and bluetooth.

Comment

That is not right. You do not have to build the whole kernel, drivers exist as modules as​ well.
                          I was unlucky with the network using updated original post instructions. But it works using usb-network adapter with external power as X6 seems to provide no power from usb. Installing phoronix benchmark now. Couple errors present already. Tests will take more than 20 hours (took last time).

Comment

TL;DR
                            memory speed is definitely better, but many tests were disappointing even worse than rk3188, probably due to low clock speed on my device or not 64 bit compiles possibly.

Some results here, many tests were not installed and/or failed.
                            See
                            OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

I installed missing packages manually, but there are still test install errors.

I'll rerun and report after 24 hours.

Comment

some more results :
                              http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1603160-SO-1410073SO65

eagerly waiting for rk3399

but should you have some kernel sources for rk3368 or patches available, please do not hesitate to share - covered by GPL after all

Comment

Working...
                              X